Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H White LED

Reaction score
Hi to all. My first post here I think.
I am from Philippines. And currently have Typhoon H with Intel Real Sense and Q500 4K.
I am well rounded technician (Computer Software and Hardware) so technically speaking, repairing my drones will not be a problem to me.
Until I encountered a limitation; parts availability.

For over a couple of years, I never had any problems with my drones. I always balance and put the batteries in storage mode using iMax B6.
And off course, I always keep the motors and other parts on maintenance.

Until one day, I turned on my Typhoon and Front white light is busted. So, I immediately turned it off and proceed to diagnostic.
I found out that everything is OK except the LED module on its right arm.

I wonder if there is anyone here from the Philippines that can sell me the part I need?
Or do I always have to settle with long distance purchase from China and US for the parts I need?
I also posted the image of the part I need. Please anyone. I really love this drones that a single busted light bothered me.
I also have the option to just repair the LED module by either changing the SMD resistor or the LED SMD (assuming the board is good. I have not tested the lines yet, lines seem too simple to fail but rather easier to fix using jumper wires.) But still, I will be still needing the parts. (LED SMD or SMD resistor)

Thanks everyone. Happy flying.

20200103_170217.jpg20200103_170333.jpg

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
The part you need is YUNTYH102.

Attached is a maintenance guide for the TH/TH Plus/H520 with a parts listing included.

Attachments

• H MaintenanceGuide v0.5.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 7
Please clarify which drone has the bad LED. I can read it as your Q500 based on words in the description, but thread title says it's yourTyphoon H.

For what it's worth, the White and RED LEDs are the same on the Q500 and Typhoon H. The different part number is that the Q500 version comes with a Q500 LED cover, the TH version comes as two LEDs, and no cover. But the Red/White LEDs are actually the same between the two models. I just put a Q500 white LED on a Typhoon H front arm to confirm. There is no difference.

Hi to all. My first post here I think.
I am from Philippines. And currently have Typhoon H with Intel Real Sense and Q500 4K.
I am well rounded technician (Computer Software and Hardware) so technically speaking, repairing my drones will not be a problem to me.
Until I encountered a limitation; parts availability.

For over a couple of years, I never had any problems with my drones. I always balance and put the batteries in storage mode using iMax B6.
And off course, I always keep the motors and other parts on maintenance.

Until one day, I turned on my Typhoon and Front white light is busted. So, I immediately turned it off and proceed to diagnostic.
I found out that everything is OK except the LED module on its right arm.

I wonder if there is anyone here from the Philippines that can sell me the part I need?
Or do I always have to settle with long distance purchase from China and US for the parts I need?
I also posted the image of the part I need. Please anyone. I really love this drones that a single busted light bothered me.
I also have the option to just repair the LED module by either changing the SMD resistor or the LED SMD (assuming the board is good. I have not tested the lines yet, lines seem too simple to fail but rather easier to fix using jumper wires.) But still, I will be still needing the parts. (LED SMD or SMD resistor)

Thanks everyone. Happy flying.

View attachment 19606View attachment 19607

I ind that part not hard to
find. If you do not want
wait for it that's another
issue. I do not mind waiting especially with
today's fast shipping
It is something to look forward to.
Keith Kuhn

Looks like a part for the Q and not the H

Sorry for the confusions. But quite sure it's from my H.
20200104_215602.jpg
20200104_215653.jpg
20200104_215704.jpg

I ind that part not hard to
find. If you do not want
wait for it that's another
issue. I do not mind waiting especially with
today's fast shipping
It is something to look forward to.
Keith Kuhn

What is unacceptable to me is I am buying a 4 dollars part with a shipping fee of 25 dollars.
And I have to wait for 2 months to have them..

Please clarify which drone has the bad LED. I can read it as your Q500 based on words in the description, but thread title says it's yourTyphoon H.

For what it's worth, the White and RED LEDs are the same on the Q500 and Typhoon H. The different part number is that the Q500 version comes with a Q500 LED cover, the TH version comes as two LEDs, and no cover. But the Red/White LEDs are actually the same between the two models. I just put a Q500 white LED on a Typhoon H front arm to confirm. There is no difference.

I haven't checked the Q500 4k yet. But I will try to check my Q500 4k about that. And if they have the same part then I will change the defective light module with the one from Q500 4K. I usually use my Typhoon H than my Q500 4K.

Thank you all for responding. I will update again later if it will work.
Regardless of the result I will post pics of them in case someone in the future needs it as reference.

And I am back again.
And you are right. They have the same module for the LEDs.
I tried to interchange them and it works. :)
Thanks again.

(Donor Q500 4K)
20200104_222846.jpg
20200104_222952.jpg20200104_223044.jpg

Typhoon H before repair.
20200104_223421.jpg

Both of them opened to verify if same module. (They are the same module.)
20200104_223603.jpg

Interchanging the modules.
20200104_223747.jpg

Typhoon H after the transfer of module.
20200104_224012.jpg

Thank you all! With love from Philippines.

(Going to order the part anyway. Can't let my Q500 4K to retain the faulty LED module which disconnected ATM.)

And I am back again.
And you are right. They have the same module for the LEDs.
I tried to interchange them and it works. :)
Thanks again.

(Donor Q500 4K)
View attachment 19630
View attachment 19631View attachment 19632

Typhoon H before repair.
View attachment 19633

Both of them opened to verify if same module. (They are the same module.)
View attachment 19634

Interchanging the modules.
View attachment 19635

Typhoon H after the transfer of module.
View attachment 19636

Thank you all! With love from Philippines.

(Going to order the part anyway. Can't let my Q500 4K to retain the faulty LED module which disconnected ATM.)

Terrestrial Imaging
Does have them in stock.
For $5.00
You could check it out
For the heck of it.
Keith Kuhn

Terrestrial Imaging
Does have them in stock.
For $5.00
You could check it out
For the heck of it.
Keith Kuhn
Do they ship to the Philippines?
I found something on eBay but the shippingfee is $21.00.
That will make a total of $26.00.

I think I rather purchased more than 1 item from the same seller to make the shipping fee worth it.
Thanks a lot kind sir.

Do they ship to the Philippines?
I found something on eBay but the shippingfee is $21.00.
That will make a total of $26.00.

I think I rather purchased more than 1 item from the same seller to make the shipping fee worth it.
Thanks a lot kind sir.

Here is the toll free#
1 800 359 0530
Or just Google them
Terrestrial Imaging
Then you can send them
a message.
You are welcome

• Love
Reactions: Jay-r

Members online

Forum statistics