Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H+

Reaction score
The H+ appears to be on the US Yuneec web site. Has anyone ordered it?

I looked at the site yesterday and didn't look for availability. Just checked again and it looks like you can hit the "Buy" button and see a price of $1,899.99 for the Color Box version. Living in CA the last thing I would want to do is order from a California shipper and increase that price by at least 7.75%, or $147.00.

There's a bunch of videos made with the Plus being made in the EU and UK now hitting YouTube. It appears Yuneec is again using dealers and early testers to generate the advertising. No issues with that as long as they are factual and representative of the consumer product release. So far things are looking good but I want to wait for Yukay to perform a full shake down of the one he's just received before making any serious considerations. Right now I'm also looking at Parrot's new Anafi drone as it appears to have a pretty good camera that swings 180* vertically that would be ideal for some types of inspection work. I don't like using a phone for a view screen though. The H plus is more than double the price but if good enough may be worth a buy in addition to round out field capabilities.

Something to consider and more info becomes available; as it's already been established the 580 can fly with H-480 batteries, will the Plus be able to do the same? If that's so then buying really expensive 580/H Plus batteries to roughly double mission duration might be a price versus performance consideration going forward. As we've found with the 920, there's also the possibility of finding standard lipos that fit the battery bay for a lot less money if one elects to modify the connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJan and Steve Carr
Here is H Plus Manual. I will be trying one out to see if I want to lug it to Iceland on June 24th. I've got some long hikes but I was surprised to see that the Plus is lighter than original H despite being larger.

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Plus_Manual.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 18
Off Topic Pat believe me I've been looking for a house to buy but with a ratio of 7 tourists for every citizen AirB&B has swallowed up everything and no one can afford to pay the the massive increase in prices because of the shortage of housing for tourists.
Below is a photo I took of a place I could afford.Blue Moon Cave_DSC1417.jpg

Back on topic, from the looks of things old H batteries may work but that's just by going with the illustrations in the manual which are probably just rehashes of H manual illustrations.

Hey I teach my class next Monday on photography and video with drones and I should have the H-Plus by then along with my 4 H's and a couple DJI Mavics. Of course one site is .9 miles from an airport at a drive in movie theatre but I've been cleared to fly there if I wish by some great folks who run the airport. Of course unlocking the two Mavics would take all day so we will only be flying Typhoon H's Geo Fenced and then move on to a few more bucolic venues. Calm winds to all. Thanks to Tuna for all the great support to be able to teach the students how to use UAV ToolBox too.

Last edited:
The old 480 batteries do work in the new H+ as well as the 520 ones. I clearly haven’t learnt from absolute shocking disaster of being one of the first to have the 520 in the Uk as I have ordered the H+ now.
I test flew one 2 weeks ago and the software in the st16s was much better, very dji looking and it flew great.
All the E90 issues have been fixed in the C23 so it’s time to give a go I guess

Yep very encouraging news. I just checked Vertigo Drones and they have the standard version of the Plus with no RS listed for 1699.00 - not in stock but listed. I am hopeful to hear from someone with a US version say they've put several flights on one without any problems. That video of the Warehouse says a lot about the camera.

I'll tell you soon what I think of the H Plus since I have one arriving Friday...distribution at this point is only Best Buy and Yuneec so Vertigo Drones and all other dealers are down the food chain. It is interesting to note that they are still sloppy with their specs. touting 20 megapixels and then stating somewhere else on the same spec sheet that the photo file size with be 13 megabytes.(that has to be an error) It should be a healthy 60 megabyte file in reality.

Reactions: rdonson
I'll tell you soon what I think of the H Plus since I have one arriving Friday...distribution at this point is only Best Buy and Yuneec so Vertigo Drones and all other dealers are down the food chain. It is interesting to note that they are still sloppy with their specs. touting 20 megapixels and then stating somewhere else on the same spec sheet that the photo file size with be 13 megabytes.(that has to be an error) It should be a healthy 60 megabyte file in reality.

Yep I saw that on the Yuneec US page for the H Plus in the "Buy Now" section. It looks like they copied and pasted parts of the Breeze Page into the H Plus Buy Now location of the website and just updated a few of the pics and videos but scroll down and then its all Breeze specs - at least this is what I saw as of this afternoon - I'm guessing they will be cleaning that up going forward. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: biltno
Ty,

Those that review the different Yuneec manuals will find they copy and paste from all their manuals when they develop a new one, and frequently fail to update things that should be different. In short, they have crappy and lazy tech writers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis