Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H520

I'm a bit baffled at this release and it's purported cost. The cost places the H Pro in the same category as the Tornado and the DJI Inspire 2. Truthfully, I would go with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro at half the cost. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I would most likely go for the Inspire 2. And I do not like DJI. I am interested in purchasing the new CI camera for my current H.

What makes this model more commercial than the H480 Pro?...the colour?

Larger air frame - 520mm over 480mm for the standard H.
Larger props and motors
Larger battery
I think there's going to be a hard case coming with it, and it comes with full support from Yuneec.

Basically it should fly faster and longer than the H480, should be more robust and carry heavier loads. The software is being revised to improve commercial operations.

I note the cost has not yet been quoted...bet it is going to be a huge step up from the H! Gulp.

Ouch. May be worth buying 2 x H's and develop the business instead. The ET camera for the H looks good

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

I was wondering something about this new copter. In one of their speeches, videos etc. I remember that I heard amoung other things it would be for powerlines inspections.
Now, with our current copters they always said to move away from powerlines. But this one will obviously be able to fly close to powerlines without control problem.
One of my sources said that H520 will be equipped with different flight controller. Could this be the reason that it will allow it to come closer to powerlines without possibility of intereference ?

That would certainly provide a commercial advantage...buy why didnt they provide that on the standard H?...seems like an obvious benefit and competition-crushing feature!

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Now, with our current copters they always said to move away from powerlines.

I always thought the 'stay away from power lines' thing was more about power lines being hard for a pilot to see, and to navigate around, and the (very bad) consequences of hitting them, rather than particular issues around interference?

I always thought the 'stay away from power lines' thing was more about power lines being hard for a pilot to see, and to navigate around, and the (very bad) consequences of hitting them, rather than particular issues around interference?
Maybe someone with more knowledge about this can explain us this powerline things. I never actually read that you should stay away from powerlines for any number of meters and I was always searching for such data. I have a powerline of 220 kV about 150 m from my house.

There have been a lot of superstitious reasons for drones flying away. I think much of this came from the early Phantoms which were notorious for flyaways. DJI and their rabid fanboys blamed everything else rather than admit there was a real problem with the Phantom. I have seen video from a Phantom flying right through power lines without a problem. I think I would be more worried about entanglement or the cost of removing your drone from the lines. (I still have not found any of the magnetic concrete either.)

(I still have not found any of the magnetic concrete either.)

I'm not worried about power lines, but I will not go within 100' or so to high-tension power lines (for my health, not the drone).
If flying in proximity to any EMF generating entity, watch for compass warnings and move away if you start getting them.

Magnetic concrete? In the days of floppy computer discs, a friend tried to stick his discs to his computer tower with magnets.:eek:

Reactions: Eyewingsuit
I wonder if we can put the new Cl Camera, battery, motors (or boom arms), and the props on the standard H. Either as modular parts or jerry rigging.

I wonder if we can put the new Cl Camera, battery, motors (or boom arms), and the props on the standard H. Either as modular parts or jerry rigging.

Camera, yes. Battery, motors and arms, no. Why would you want to cut it up, void warranty and potentially build a dangerous situation?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval