Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon tipping over after landing

Reaction score
Anyone experienced your Typhoon motors revving up after landing (with the throttle at zero) and tipping your drone over?

Once you land you have to hold the throttle full down until the motors come to idle. Failure to do this results in the drunken frog dance on landing.

Reactions: 7cyclops and Zardoz
Anyone experienced your Typhoon motors revving up after landing (with the throttle at zero) and tipping your drone over?
I see that Doom answered it for you, but yes, it is very common with them. We have had many threads on the topic as it has happened to a lot of H users, myself included.

Listen for the change in tone of the motors, then keep the red button pressed it will shut down. Even Dan at Yuneec UK in his video's says it important to listen for that! If it plays up and it's possible to back up and have another go at landing.

Hi Titan,
Also your pots may need a spray of contact cleaner as they do oxidise over time and you can end up with the motors not coming back to idle properly. Before you ask how to do that there is a magnifine glass top right and type in what you are searching for and thousands of threads pop up and read till you have the answer if you do the get it then ask the question in the forum. And welcome to the forum of yuneec pilots with years of experience.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hi Titan,
Also your pots may need a spray of contact cleaner as they do oxidise over time and you can end up with the motors not coming back to idle properly. Before you ask how to do that there is a magnifine glass top right and type in what you are searching for and thousands of threads pop up and read till you have the answer if you do the get it then ask the question in the forum. And welcome to the forum of yuneec pilots with years of experience.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.
I agree John!

This post in particular How to: Maintenance Compilation

The sticky threads at the beginning of the Typhoon H Discussion and How To forums have close to everything you ever wanted to know about using and maintaining your Typhoon H. Spend some time in our library, it will pay off in the end.

Last edited:
I agree John!

This post in particular How to: Maintenance Compilation

The sticky threads at the beginning of the Typhoon H Discussion and How To forums have close to everything you ever wanted to know about using and maintaining your Typhoon H. Spend some time in our library, it will pay off in the end.
Thank you all for the great responses and appropriate direction on how to use the forum.

I hope you can glean a lot from that store of information. It was several months that I perused the TH info threads before I purchased mine. I felt like I already knew the system by the time I finally got to unbox it. Spent another month going over it indoors while recovering from back surgery. Took it out just one time to do the compass calibration during that time.

The TH is a tried and true aircraft. It is a pleasure to fly and takes good quality photos and videos.

Hope yours is a simple problem. I had a similar experience upon first receiving my H a few years ago. The first few flights were normal landings and then it began nearly tipping over on every landing and then sounding the error beep (steady ringing sound) upon motor stop. I wound up having to send it back to Yuneec who replaced the ST16. They found 2 defective pots. That took nearly 2 months.

Take a look at the video in my post titled
A must see for all Yuneec pilots New and old
Cheers.
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal