Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TYPOON H PRO QUESTIONS

Reaction score
I have a question .........can you turn the real sense module off and on?.......or is it tied in with the OA switch.

I have a Pro. The OA switch controls RealSense. RS can be switched on and off in any mode, but max speed drops to 10-11 mph.

Thanks Rayray.........I am very happy with the TH PRO I just finished charging 4 batteries and the controller, now I am ready for tomorrow.

I have a Pro. The OA switch controls RealSense. RS can be switched on and off in any mode, but max speed drops to 10-11 mph.

Hey Rayray, max speed drops down to 10-11 mph, or it drops about 10-11 mph from its max speed?

The former. Max speed w/ RS OA is 10-11 mph. Turn it off if clear of obstacles and it can go almost 50 (in Follow Me).
10-11 OK for walking, usual bikes,

IPS seems to be separate, and automatically turns on in Angle Mode. Within 6-10' off ground it starts seeing the ground and puts a small semi-circular readout on screen. I think mainly for indoors, no GPS.

Reactions: Hoss

You say that Real Sense works on all settings. Do you also to Real Sense works when you turn GPS off?

You say that Real Sense works on all settings. Do you also to Real Sense works when you turn GPS off?

Good question. I have not tried that, but the pro manual says, "...with a GPS lock, RealSense can be activated on all settings."
I believe the RS uses GPS to mark and remember the obstacles. I do not know how long that memory lasts. Perhaps for the extent of one flight. No info from Yuneec.

Reactions: bowhunt
I won't have my bird until tomorrow so I can't verify this, but based on my technical understanding of RealSense, GPS should not be needed. RealSense environment mapping relies purely on the relative position and distance of features in a point cloud -- not necessarily all points that define an object's surface, but edges and other key elements that define them. Consumer GPS doesn't have the resolution to be useful for this.

It would be odd for Yuneec to tie the use of RealSense to GPS, especially since the former is expected to be used indoors where GPS is not available.

I was just quoting the manual.

The IPS is active in Angle mode, sensing the ground within some 10' or less, which it notes on a popup semi-circular track, and is used indoors with GPS off.

I can not debate the inner mind of the RealSense operation. I will say it is spooky at times.

Yes, I understand that. I am still not convinced the manual is correct.

I agree with you there. The Pro "Quick Start" manual is a joke, You still need the ver 1.1 manual, also a joke, for some things. If Yuneec seriously wants to be a big dog, they need to put top priority on producing an accurate and comprehensive manual, NOW! They are shooting themselves in the foot. (I really like the H Pro, if anyone is wondering, lol)

I was just quoting the manual.

The IPS is active in Angle mode, sensing the ground within some 10' or less, which it notes on a popup semi-circular track, and is used indoors with GPS off.

I can not debate the inner mind of the RealSense operation. I will say it is spooky at times.
Any screen shots of the semi-circular track? Does it also correct the altitude reading if it gets out of whack?

Just tested RealSense with and without GPS on. RealSense WILL NOT activate without a GPS lock, regardless of mode.

BTW, if you are trying GPS OFF for the first time, take care if it's windy.

Just tested RealSense with and without GPS on. RealSense WILL NOT activate without a GPS lock, regardless of mode.

That is good to know. BTW, yesterday, when I turned off the GPS and it was racing back to me at 50+ mph I took my fingers off the sticks and it kept right on screaming by!! I had to think quickly to turn back on the GPS; I knew to do it but I nearly panicked as I stood there bewildered as to why it didn't act like it does under the GPS mode.

Interesting. I wonder how you use it indoors if you can't get a GPS lock.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Brent, the H Pro not only has RealSense, but also IPS downward sensing. The IPS and Angle mode is used indoors.

Reactions: Brent
But IPS doesn't provide the obstacle avoidance that Intel demoed at CES.

If you check around, I think you will find that that infamous demo was highly staged, with artificial GPS. Water under the bridge now I guess. Do you need to fly indoors a lot?

No, I don't intend to fly indoors. But to me this was one of the key features of RealSense. I hope Yuneec removes that limitation in a future firmware update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval