Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV simulator. Can't get GPS back

Reaction score
Hi All,

On the UAV flight simulator, when I disable GPS on the remote everything is fine and GPS switches off. The simulator then flies without GPS....no surprises so far.

However, when I try to re-enable GPS on the remote, the remote already says it is on, but it isn't. The slider seems to be locked in the on position and off is no longer an option.

The only way I have found to fix this is to rebind. The connection is then re-established with GPS active and all is well.

I have a Q5004K using the ST10+. I have posted in general as the issue may also apply to the ST10 or ST16 too.

Question: Am I doing something wrong and there is an easy way to resolve this, or is it just a quirk of the simulation and what I am currently doing is my only option?

FYI: I have switched off GPS when connected my real Q500 and successfully re-enabled it. For clarity though I did this on my kitchen table just to check the option worked; I have never done it when flying.

Thanks in advance

Am I doing something wrong and there is an easy way to resolve this, or is it just a quirk of the simulation and what I am currently doing is my only option?
It seems to be a standard anomaly with the simulator. Several people have reported the same behavior.

STOP PRESS: Answering my own query here. I hadn’t been shuttling off the props before attempting to re-enable GPS. When I did this it works. There is a quirk in as much as GPS actually says it is already enabled, but if you disable and then re-enable it does work. Even the lights on the simulated Q500 stop flashing. It’s actually pretty cool and a real asset to have IMO. Given the winter weather is now setting in I will be spending quite a bit of time on the SIM.
Just for fun: For those of you with the UAVSIM set the beaufort wind setting to 12 and let me know how long you last flying. I manged half a second and to be honest I am exaggerating [emoji3][emoji3]

STOP PRESS: Answering my own query here. I hadn’t been shuttling off the props before attempting to re-enable GPS. When I did this it works. There is a quirk in as much as GPS actually says it is already enabled, but if you disable and then re-enable it does work. Even the lights on the simulated Q500 stop flashing. It’s actually pretty cool and a real asset to have IMO. Given the winter weather is now setting in I will be spending quite a bit of time on the SIM.
Just for fun: For those of you with the UAVSIM set the beaufort wind setting to 12 and let me know how long you last flying. I manged half a second and to be honest I am exaggerating [emoji3][emoji3]
I set it to 10 thinking it was knots...lol.[emoji3]

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis