Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Toolbox for H520 - Beta Testing

Reaction score
I'm pleased to say that UAV Toolbox is now in Beta Testing for H520 support. On this platform, the app provides:

1. Synchronised playback of media and map views
2. Flight summaries including battery, gps and signal strength
3. Automatic weather and location completion
4. Sync logs online, and spreadsheet generation of log files
5. Online sharing of flight summaries, including synchronised media playback
6. Equipment tracking
7. Transfer log and media from the ST-16 without messing with SD cards

What is missing:

1. Mission planning (Datapilot meets most requirements, so this would be redundant on the H520)
2. Support for thermal cameras (some media sharing may work out of the box, but no specific support is provided).

If you are interested in joining a small band of Beta testers, please drop me a message and I'll share information for installing the app on your ST-16S. The app is non-invasive (it changes no functions of the ST-16, nor does it alter any files created or used by DataPilot), however it does store some additional information on the ST-16S and is beta quality, so I cannot guarantee that all functions will work within the app at this stage. Let me know what your interest is, your experience of Yuneec drones and whether you've used UAV Toolbox before.

Reactions: arruntus
thank you for developing h520 support I have this current for my h480 been waiting to implement this on my h520.

Good evening Tuna.

I would love to try out the beta. I have two Typhoon H with Real sense and two H520's. I started using UAV toolbox in April 2018. I must admit I haven't used it much for the last few months as I have been concentrating on the 520's. I have the E90 and 50 and I waiting for my thermal (320 with a 24degree lens) to arrive.

Planning on using the H's more with lenses coming from Pizarro and Peau.

I operate in eastern Australia.

Regards

Dennis Sweeney

Hi Tuna,

I have a H520 and would also like to try out the beta. I am aware of UAV Toolbox, but have not yet worked with it. I operate in Germany.

Thiess

Tuna,
Please incorporate the H PLUS into your work development on the 520.
Have been a UAV Toolbox user on my H480 prior to moving all my flying to the PLUS.
Both machines are using PX4 & the ST16S so should be an easy transition.
We are more than willing to pay for the new application.
Thank you for the effort.

Reactions: Xavier
Tuna,
Please incorporate the H PLUS into your work development on the 520.
Have been a UAV Toolbox user on my H480 prior to moving all my flying to the PLUS.
Both machines are using PX4 & the ST16S so should be an easy transition.
We are more than willing to pay for the new application.
Thank you for the effort.

Although the hardware is practically the same, the software, the firmware, is totally different and Tuna develops software so it is not easy to move from one drone to the other. He would have to develop the software specifically for the H Plus.

A relative newcomer to Yuneec, but not sUAS as such.
I am very interested in being counted in as a Beta user of UAV Toolbox on my H520.
I fly/operate on the west coast of the South Island, New Zealand, but certainly don't feel should be an inhibition to being a part of working with the ToolBox.

on the h520 beta That I just looked at looks like I can now do cable cam based missions. I am guessing to get the telemetry it need the h520 to be on and connected to the controller. one question can it get past flight logs still stored on the h520 unit. Or only logs after the uav tool is loaded. also noted I had to chose set of h480 equipment first then was able to change over to h520 equipment. so far e90 is supported which means c23 may work as well. and yes I am using c23 from h plus on my h520 fully. I hope e50 may get added in. I am using it for experimental flight performance testing and endurance.

Reactions: arruntus
Tuna,
I don't know if you are still in the beta phase for the H520 UAV, but if so, I would like to give it a try. If the "finished" version is available for the H520, just direct me that way.
Thanks,
Stephen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval