Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Toolbox - Plan to Curved Cable Cam conversion

Reaction score
Updated: 3.2.1 is now out, Plan file conversion to Curved Cable Cam

(This release fixes a bug that meant cable cam files were being saved in the wrong location on some controllers. Media sync issues should now also be fixed.)

Version 3.2.1 has a number of improvements to the look and feel of the Mission editor, including improved waypoint selection and zoom control.

In addition, as well as improving the Mission editor, the App now has a set of advanced Mapping features for power users. These features include the ability to import Surveys and Corridor scans from DataPilot .plan files. Yes, you can create a survey on your PC, export it to the ST-16 and turn it into a Cable Cam flight. A unique 'straighten' tool allows you to force the drone to follow straight routes between waypoints (vital for surveys!). Long flights can also be split into multiple passes, with a quick tool allowing you to split by flight time, and the main editor allowing you to adjust split points to ensure you start and stop flights at the most convenient location. These advanced features do not turn your H480 into a H520, but they do allow you to carry out photogrammetry jobs and have much better control over pre-programmed flights.

Note that this means you can fly surveys without having to re-bind the H480 as a H920 - so the normal flight controls can be used.

-----

Previous Update:

Version 3.0.1 is now out, with fixes for a mapping, address lookup, weather and a bunch of UI improvements.

The website has also been updated to improve account management.

Head over to the website to get the latest version, with an easy install straight to your ST-16

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Tuna!

Reactions: Tuna and Thomas111
I used DataPilot to plan a Waypoint mission then imported it to UAV Toolbox to convert to CCC. I ran the mission tonight with no trouble.

Will give a shot at a survey mission soon.

Thanks Tuna!

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I used DataPilot to plan a Waypoint mission then imported it to UAV Toolbox to convert to CCC. I ran the mission tonight with no trouble.

Will give a shot at a survey mission soon.

Thanks Tuna!
How did you import the .plan file from DataPilot Planner into UAV Toolbox to convert it to CCC?

I have installed DataPilot Planner V1.5.10.97 an my desktop pc and V2.1.22 on my laptop. On both machines I can create routes und save them on the pc/laptop as .plan file. Then I transfer the .plan file via usb to ST16S for example to folder tmp. My question is: in which folder does UAV toolbox retrieve .plan files? The starting screen of UAV Toolbox V3.2.2 presents only 2 softbuttons for file type retrieval: "mission" and "cable cam", but no button for mission files of type .plan imported from DataPilot Planner.

Many thanks for an answer.

How did you import the .plan file from DataPilot Planner into UAV Toolbox to convert it to CCC?

I have installed DataPilot Planner V1.5.10.97 an my desktop pc and V2.1.22 on my laptop. On both machines I can create routes und save them on the pc/laptop as .plan file. Then I transfer the .plan file via usb to ST16S for example to folder tmp. My question is: in which folder does UAV toolbox retrieve .plan files? The starting screen of UAV Toolbox V3.2.2 presents only 2 softbuttons for file type retrieval: "mission" and "cable cam", but no button for mission files of type .plan imported from DataPilot Planner.

Many thanks for an answer.
This demo by @Tuna is how I imported the .plan file for conversion
Post in thread 'set waypoints without using CCC'
set waypoints without using CCC

Many thanks @DoomMeister, this was a great help for me to get more familiar with the CCC generation process from pc to remote controller ST16S.
The demo video was using the ST16S and the H Plus, but the same steps work for the ST16 and Typhoon H.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis