Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Toolbox Watch Media Problem

Reaction score
I thought I was going crazy. I updated UAV Toolbox from v.2.1.2 to 3.0.1 on the ST-16 I use most often (I have 2 Typhoon H's). I tried to use the Watch Media function after a recent flight and found that, while the video played, the icon on the map view didn't budge. After I updated to v.3.2.0, same story.

I fired up the ST-16 for my other H. Its UAVToolbox is still at v.2.1.2. Watch Media works fine, synchronizing the map display with the media as expected.

I just uninstalled UAVToolbox 3.2.0 from the first ST-16 and installed the old 2.1.2 version. It allowed me to Watch Media from my recent flight in sync with the Map View just fine.

Does anyone else have a problem like this with Watch Media in versions later than 2.1.2?

--Doug

That's odd. You're flying a H480? I'll take a look when I'm in the office and see if I can identify the problem.

The syncing with media and maps…

Works in v2.1.2

Works in v2.3.0

Broken in v3.0.1

Broken in v3.2.0

This is the version for the H480.

Reactions: Steve Carr
That's odd. You're flying a H480? I'll take a look when I'm in the office and see if I can identify the problem.
Yup. H480s. Same problem on both ST-16s.

Also, Curved Cable Cam comes up grayed out on v.3.0.1, but works on v.3.2.0,and v.2.1.2.

Thanks for looking, Tuna

--Doug

I had noticed it before, but thought I may have missed something to sync the video and map replay. I saw your post so I uninstalled the latest version and returned to v2.1.2. It worked properly, so I upgraded and checked each version. I’m sure @Tuna will be able to fix it in short order. Most likely missed a call to a subroutine (thus dating my experience with programming).

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Irish
I knew this would be the place to ask, DoomMeister. I'll stay tuned.

Still have your IBM 029 Keypunch skills? :)

--Doug

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Irish
The problem is usually around the different time stamps and timezones that the ST-16 uses to label media. It's completely inconsistent between the different models, and it doesn't help that I'm at GMT, so I don't get to see unusual offsets. Add in rather odd daylight savings (summer time) switching (the famous "off by an hour" problem), and it's a nightmare.

I feel like Doc Brown - Knowing where I am is easy... it's knowing when I am that's difficult! :D

Tuna am in Glasgow and when I updated to latest the cable cam is shaded out aswell on my H pro with the same problem

I knew this would be the place to ask, DoomMeister. I'll stay tuned.

Still have your IBM 029 Keypunch skills? :)

--Doug
A little past that. Machine Language on the 6502. Atari, Apple, and Commodore. Now back to the topic so @Tuna has information without distraction.

I *think* this should fix the Media sync issues, but it will need testing by users in different time zones. Please let me know if you have problems and I'll discuss what to do to give me some additional debug information. Actually, also please let me know if you don't have problems! As soon as I can check this works for users in the UK and US, I can release this as a new version.

Note that for H480 users, there is an additional checkbox at the top of the Media page - if your video is not *quite* synced with the flight, try checking/unchecking this to either sync against the start or the end of the video.

There is also a small fix for the confusing CableCam button. This was only enabled when you had created a CableCam route (either with the ST-16 in a normal flight, or by exporting a CableCam route from the Mission Editor). Now it's always enabled, but gives a message if you click on it before any CableCam routes have been created.

Link is here to download the APK : https://uavtoolbox.com/uav_toolbox_3_2_1.apk

In case the forum software messes that up, the link is:
Code:
https://uavtoolbox.com/uav_toolbox_3_2_1.apk

@Tuna,

The sync to video end works for when the time stamps differ (my assumption from your explanation).

If the program selects it and you turn it off, the map view returns to start location and stays there.

If the program leaves it unchecked and you select it, the map view returns to the start location and stays there.

This tells me you have the right logic selected in your automatic sync selection.

I am in Florida or Michigan for my flights and tested with flights during daylight savings time and standard time. Good fix!

Reactions: Mike Irish and Tuna
Perfect!

It's an oddity of the H480 that the file date (the filename is the date in milliseconds, UTC) can be either the start of the video or the end. I've not figured out what causes the software to switch between the two.

I cannot absolutely guarantee the logic will guess which is being used every time, so the checkbox allows you to switch between the two.

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
Perfect!

It's an oddity of the H480 that the file date (the filename is the date in milliseconds, UTC) can be either the start of the video or the end. I've not figured out what causes the software to switch between the two.

I cannot absolutely guarantee the logic will guess which is being used every time, so the checkbox allows you to switch between the two.
Well that explains why a video on 4 Nov 2020 left the box unchecked by default and another on 20 Nov 2020 was checked by default. Both would have been during Standard Time and receiving time from GPS as the ST16 was not connected to the internet.

Thanks for bringing this intricacy to light.

OK, I'm making this release official - get it through the main website.

Is there anything different in the official release or am I fine with the manual download I tested.

Great, fast work, Tuna! I downloaded 3.2.1 from the main web site and all seems well now. Media and maps sync up fine. Just for reference, I'm in Baton Rouge (GMT-6 for now until DST restarts in the spring). I did not have to check the "Sync to video end" box.

CCC is enabled and sees my stored missions. I haven't completely exercised the CCC and Mission editing, but what I played with seemed to work. I appreciate your quick efforts!

--Doug

Reactions: Mike Irish and Tuna

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22