Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UK Hpro finally arrived - broken :(

Reaction score
Hi, this is probably the quickest return in history.

I have been waiting for this since my preorder in February, and when it eventually turned up today, I was really looking forward to using it.

Carefully, unboxed out of the backpack, and was impressed to see everything there, and a free Wizard that I wasn't expecting!

Unfortunately "ready to fly" needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, as it appears that some repairs are required first to reassemble that camera module, as it is literally dangling from the main unit.

It is supported only by some tiny wires, so I suspect other non visible damage may have been caused due to the stress placed on those.

I am a bit concerned, as the ease that this can get damaged within rhe transit case, doesent give me huge confidence in the durability.

Fed up really doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now, as I have a day off work tomorrow (today when you are reading this!), specifically for this.

James Colyer, South UK...

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
This has happened to several people. I think mine had a soft foam support under the camera to prevent that. Poor handling of the box will cause those 2 little circular lock rings to break free and the camera dangles. If the cables didnt break just put it back its easy.

Well understand your frustration after paying so much and waiting so long. Like you say, there may be other hidden damage. Shipping box must have been dropped.

The cam wires look unbroken, and putting the mount back together is actually easy. The 4 rubber shocks are all that supports the camera and you can carefully reinsert, stuff the ends of them back into the mounting plate holes. The 2 tiny rod things do not really do anything, they are not for support. Some folks use wire ties to replace them.

I'm not trying to get you to do anything you feel you should not do, just pointing out something I have done myself.
Good luck.

Total frustration!!! Somebody really dropped that box hard. Check with the place you bought it and see what they have to offer.
As Rayray and Ralphy point out, this is an easy fix for anyone familiar with the gimbal. You shouldn't have to do it yourself, but it might be the fastest way to get it working. Let us know what the vendor has to say.

Well , my dealer (Clifton Cameras) was an absolute diamond, and shipped me a complete replacement on next day pre-12 delivery, so packed it all up and gave to the courier to return.

They agreed that to rebuild a cheap crappy £50 drone bought from a discount store would maybe be expected, but to have to do this to a £1400 "high end" accessory was not reasonable.

I was quite happy to rebuild it (although I couldn't initially find one of the tiny plastic washers, but was more concerned about the warranty should any faults develop in the future had i not reported the problem.

Anyway, i got the new drone out of the box, and guess what.....

IMG_1558.jpg

Both boxes has the foam under the camera, with should prevent it moving too far, but obviously doesn't help in all cases!

A quick test on the first H (before returning it) showed that a small "wiggle" of the drone would cause these tiny plastic pegs to fail, as the sideways shear force from the silicones was sufficient to dislodge the tiny washers.

The flaw here seems to be the use of only two plastic pins (on the opposing diagonals) through the silicone AV mounts on the camera gimble.

As luck would have it, I appear to have accidentally forgotten to send the 2 pegs from my first H back, so I now have a gimble with all four pins in place :)

The same amount of wiggling as above but with four pins now causes no problems, and there are no obvious adverse affects on the image stability or image vibration resistance.

I have also fitted the pegs the other way up, so if anything does fall off, I have more chance of finding a small pin than i do finding a tiny washer.

Either way, I have asked Yuneec to look into this, as I feel it is a design flaw - previous gambles have had all four corners supported, or have used different attaching methods.

If the above can't be resolved, I believe that some spare of these parts should be made available.....

Ta for now...

the 2 diagonal pins through the grommets are not a design flaw they are meant to be like that, look at any similar platform, phantoms etc and they all have the same design

the 2 diagonal pins through the grommets are not a design flaw they are meant to be like that, look at any similar platform, phantoms etc and they all have the same design

Not all - the earlier yuneec use four supports, and the "replacement kit" consists of four rubbers and four pin sets.

Either way, the problem is solved by having all four pins installed, and no negative effect on camera vibration etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval