Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ultrax Battery Rapid Voltage Drop

Being the curious sort, just how much cheaper are the UltraX batteries on eBay than at GensTattu?

Being the curious sort, just how much cheaper are the UltraX batteries on eBay than at GensTattu?

@PatR

When I bought mine from Amazon Prime, they were ~$125. for the pair. Ebay was about $10 more with additional shipping (at that particular time).

Gens Tattu has a sale on them now with free shipping; that's where my replacement batteries will come from...

Thanks,
Todd

That’s sort of what I thought, eBay is not really any cheaper in buying from a reseller than buying direct from the manufacturer, especially when factoring the manufacturer’s free U.S. shipping policy when buying two or more. There’s also usually some further tiered discounts available as the order total dollar amount increases.

Why people buy from a second or third party when they can pay the same buying direct uses logic that escapes me. The risk of buying a defective item is much higher, it’s more difficult to return a defective item, more time is lost in dealing with a return, and there’s no assurance you aren’t buying batteries that were dumped by a manufacturer
after the batteries had sat unused beyond their useful life span.

As this thread now indicates there have been at least two buyers of defective eBay UltraX batteries, and perhaps more, there’s enough of a pattern started to demonstrate buying UltraX batteries from resellers on eBay is not a smart thing to do. Go to the source.

I think if these 1st tier supplier's of batteries where better known and or searchable via the Internet they would get far more direct business, also Amazon Prime purchases and recourse via same is a pretty compelling issue as well.

I think that knowing the word Ultrax is the key to said search as leaving that key word out brings lots of alternative results not related.

Anyway live and learn.

BRW

That’s sort of what I thought, eBay is not really any cheaper in buying from a reseller than buying direct from the manufacturer, especially when factoring the manufacturer’s free U.S. shipping policy when buying two or more. There’s also usually some further tiered discounts available as the order total dollar amount increases.

Why people buy from a second or third party when they can pay the same buying direct uses logic that escapes me. The risk of buying a defective item is much higher, it’s more difficult to return a defective item, more time is lost in dealing with a return, and there’s no assurance you aren’t buying batteries that were dumped by a manufacturer
after the batteries had sat unused beyond their useful life span.

As this thread now indicates there have been at least two buyers of defective eBay UltraX batteries, and perhaps more, there’s enough of a pattern started to demonstrate buying UltraX batteries from resellers on eBay is not a smart thing to do. Go to the source.

@PatR
I agree with your statements 100%. I usually try to buy parts from the manufacturer but there were a number of reasons that lead me to buy these batteries from Amazon Prime....

Being somewhat new to Yuneec (my experiance has been with SenseFly products) I was trying to find a good replacement battery. Having read so many good reviews, I chose the Ultrax even though it was an aftermarket product.

I always seem to check Amazon first as we’ve had such good luck there in the past. I wanted to insulate myself with their great return policy just in case something like this happened. Fortunately for me the return/refund in this case went pretty well.

At the time I was researching where to buy from, there seemed to be limited options for the “2 pack.” A third party seller on Amazon had the best price for them and was Prime so that was a bonus in a number of ways.

If I had known then what I know now (Gens Tattu being the Ultrax manufacturer. Thanks @DoomMeister) I would have gone there first. They do have a great price at the moment and that’s where my replacements will come from.

I have to say that even though this was an inconvience, it turned better than I had expected.

I appreciate everyone’s replies and insight; that’s what makes this forum so valuable!

Thank you,
Todd

Reactions: brwatters
I’m not sure that Gens Tattu is the actual manufacturer of the UltraX battery, but they are the official distributor for the US and should have the most recently manufactured stock.

GensTattu has a real good history of selling good products. Over time there have been a few batteries sold that did not function correctly but those have been very few compared to the number sold. As in anything else there is some failure rate level but it is so low with GensTattu that buying their products is a safe transaction. They have been my preferred source for batteries since 2013.

There’s also dealer location to factor in. As they have an office in California, if you have a problem you get to deal with someone fairly “local” that can take care of it in days rather than someone in China that will require weeks or months to resolve things.

There are better batteries but the prices of those are much higher and the performance differences are too small to justify the price difference. Unless your activities demand the utmost in energy delivery GensTattu will meet your needs.

Last edited:
@brwatters

Did you buy yours from a third party seller on Amazon also? Just curious because that's where i got mine. I believe that's where @OldHire bought his as well.

Thanks,
Todd
Hi,
Just wanted to update and add that I bought my battery thru, Amazon and the seller was Gensac&Tattu. they are the company working with me to resolve my battery issue.
They contacted me again, yesterday and asked for a couple more days to resolve the issue. I'm sure partly due to the holidays.
I'll update the forum on any new info

Hi,
Just wanted to update and add that I bought my battery thru, Amazon and the seller was Gensac&Tattu. they are the company working with me to resolve my battery issue.
They contacted me again, yesterday and asked for a couple more days to resolve the issue. I'm sure partly due to the holidays.
I'll update the forum on any new info

@OldHire I just bought my replacement batteries from them through Amazon also. Hopefully this next set will be usable...

I went directly to the Gensace & Tattu website to buy them as they had them listed on sale for just under $62.00 each. Their website wasn't allowing me to add them to the cart; it just kept sending me back to the "drone battery" page where the TH battery was nowhere to be found.

I sent them a message about the trouble I was having and Vivian from Genstattu.com replied back "Sorry to tell you UL-6300-4S1P-Typhoon H is out of stock and no more new arrival."

I then asked if this unavailability was temporary or had production been ceased?

She replied back "We are not sure if it's temporary or not, but in the coming 4-5 months, we will not have new arrival."

Just thought I'd post this info here so everyone would know the US distributor of this battery brand won't have any for at least the next 4-5 months.

Todd

@OldHire I just bought my replacement batteries from them through Amazon also. Hopefully this next set will be usable...

I went directly to the Gensace & Tattu website to buy them as they had them listed on sale for just under $62.00 each. Their website wasn't allowing me to add them to the cart; it just kept sending me back to the "drone battery" page where the TH battery was nowhere to be found.

I sent them a message about the trouble I was having and Vivian from Genstattu.com replied back "Sorry to tell you UL-6300-4S1P-Typhoon H is out of stock and no more new arrival."

I then asked if this unavailability was temporary or had production been ceased?

She replied back "We are not sure if it's temporary or not, but in the coming 4-5 months, we will not have new arrival."

Just thought I'd post this info here so everyone would know the US distributor of this battery brand won't have any for at least the next 4-5 months.

Todd

That is not good news. I wonder what is going on as they are a major supplier of many different LiPo batteries.

Something to think about. The “batteries out of stock” thing is how it went after the 920 was quietly discontinued. Pretty hard to get people to buy new, more expensive aircraft to replace an older model that doesn’t wear out while batteries are still available.

Another thing to consider is that with every post where a Yuneec battery manufacture date has been provided, none of them have noted a year of manufacture later than 2016. From that it becomes evident Yuneec has not been selling “new” batteries, just old inventory that is reaching end of useful life. Those flying the H might want to start looking at alternative batteries to power their H’s. Forget looking for “cased” batteries.

Or stockpile them. Seems strange you can still by batteries for some electronic items years old, My 10 year old Nikon D700 camera can still buy EN EL3 batteries new, and my Sony camcorder 7 years old too. Hopefully it's just a production blip, there's no reason why a third party would want to discontinue?

If profit from lack of sales volume is not high enough to justify cost of production any third party manufacturer would cease making them.

If profit from lack of sales volume is not high enough to justify cost of production any third party manufacturer would cease making them.
well we haven't established any reason yet, so hopefully things will turn out positive, certainly a lot of typhoons out there, and still unsold ones too, they must of made quite a few, perhaps the 2016 date was close to end production too for the copter itself.

A battery I bought last week, October 2016 Date.

Attachments

• IMAG0487.jpg
    IMAG0487.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech