Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Unable to bind

Reaction score
When I pulled the battery out of the Q500 4K, the black cable came disconnected from (the clip that connects to the wires underneath the battery or that connects to the USB interface/programmer). I then reset the S10+ Controller and tried to bind the controller back to the drone. The camera is bound and functional, however I'm unable to bind the Q500 4K. During the binding process the model doesn't appear in the Model column. I've followed the Q500 Binding Verification process, and all goes well until I get to step #30. The red light does not blink more rapidly. It stays the same as in step #27. My light is red, not orange and blue when not lit. On another note, when I launch the GUI to try to upgrade the firmware, I'm unable to connect using the USB interface/programmer. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

This cable connects the transmitter SR24 with the flight controller. It is UART (Rx/Tx), Ground, and 3.3V.
There are two different versions:
- newer Q500 have a Y-cable FC to SR24 and second leg to connector for Serial-to-USB converter (USB interface to GUI).
- older Q500 have only one connector. You have to plug out the SR24 abd plug in the USB interface abd back when you wabt to fly.

Please check the connector and wires. I guess something happened there:
- transmitter plugged out,
- wire cut
- pin in connector bent.

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
There are two different versions:
- newer Q500 have a Y-cable FC to SR24 and second leg to connector for Serial-to-USB converter (USB interface to GUI).
- older Q500 have only one connector. You have to plug out the SR24 and plug in the USB interface and back when you want to fly.
The issue you describe would be more in line with the earlier (Q500 and Typhoon G) version of the connector. However, you mentioned ST10+ and 4K a few times. How sure are you that the drone internals are from a factory built 4K? If you are not sure which version you have, please upload a snapshot of the connector and of the battery door area.
These diagrams illustrate the differences described by @h-elsner. Sorry, but I only had a photograph of the newer 4K version.
Typhoon Q Series Receiver Connections R3.jpg 4K connector.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I wonder if I have the older Q500 since I have only one connector. Like you said, I have to plug out the SR24 and plug in the USB interface and back when ready to fly. I've attached a couple pictures. Hope you can tell me what I have.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Pic4.jpg
    Pic4.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: DoomMeister
I wonder if I have the older Q500 since I have only one connector. Like you said, I have to plug out the SR24 and plug in the USB interface and back when ready to fly. I've attached a couple pictures. Hope you can tell me what I have.
Yeah, that's the style I believe is more often associated with the earlier models. Doesn't matter much, but it makes the description of the problem fit a lot better.

The big issue I see is that the only wire that is possibly connected is the black wire. It needs to be checked to be sure, but the other three really need to be pushed back in and latched. The three that are backed out are also rolled sideways by 90 degrees, which means they will have to be turned a little to get them to latch.
Also let me mention a big confusion factor that has caused problems before. The wire colors DO NOT LINE UP across the connector. It's the same 4 colors and the same wire size, but Red is swapped with Black, and Blue is swapped with White. (Edit) They appear to be correctly aligned in your pictures. (Edit) Folks in the past have tried to line the colors up, and that will damage the equipment. Look carefully at the attached drawings if needed.

Pic2a.jpg Wire Color.jpg General Latch and Pin R8.jpg

Last edited:
... is swapped with White. (Edit) They appear to be correctly aligned in your pictures. (Edit) Folks in the past ....
Correction. The wires do NOT appear to be aligned correctly. They are correctly arranged in relation to each other, but they are ALL inserted into the plug in the reverse order. Also, the black wire appears to be inserted far enough that the pin should be visible on the other side, but it is not. Is that one bent/broken? The absence of the other three pins COULD be explained by the lack of full insertion.
These anomalies leave me unsure of what I am seeing. Can you add more to the history of this condition?
1.) Was the drone operating normally before the wires came out?
2.) Were all wires out of the plug when you found it?
3.) Anything else that might help us understand what you have on hand?

This is a comparison to the same plug on a different Q500. I also compared it with 5 other Q500s. All were the same.

Compare1.jpg

Last edited:
The problem is the black wire pulled out when I removed the battery. The pin on the black wire broke of and I don't know the size of the pin to replace it with! Any help?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval