Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update from a Yuneec distributor

I thought the actual stock lens on the current H is 115...and the 3.97mm is 98? the closest to the human eye would be between 102-105...but I'd be happy with the 98...

curious to see if the real reason they opted for the 115 was to hide airframe/gimbal vibrations.... waiting to see video of both...

I thought the actual stock lens on the current H is 115...and the 3.97mm is 98? the closest to the human eye would be between 102-105...but I'd be happy with the 98...

curious to see if the real reason they opted for the 115 was to hide airframe/gimbal vibrations.... waiting to see video of both...
according to the distributor I quoted he said that the original lens had been 98 deg. but for some reason Yuneec reverted to a 115 for production which is what we all have. He says (if it is to be believed) that they are now looking at going back to the original 98 deg.

already have advertising and sales of lens 90 degrees for the Typhoon H, but why Yuneec wide-set is not clear. I bought the Typhoon H in the hope of 98 degrees. but it was 115... !

I would also like to Yuneec followed the path of open source software, so that the company could do Lichi firmware to better control copter, as I previously flew the DJI Phantom with Lichi .
Or let Yuneec software will make a similar control as the Lichi firmware .
An example is already there, it is not necessary to reinvent the wheel !!

Who can apply to the company?
Unfortunately I can not myself to call and talk to the support as badly speak English.
:(

Last edited:
already have advertising and sales of lens 90 degrees for the Typhoon H, but why Yuneec wide-set is not clear. I bought the Typhoon H in the hope of 98 degrees. but it was 115... !

I would also like to Yuneec followed the path of open source software, so that the company could do Lichi firmware to better control copter, as I previously flew the DJI Phantom with Lichi .
Or let Yuneec software will make a similar control as the Lichi firmware .
An example is already there, it is not necessary to reinvent the wheel !!

Who can apply to the company?
Unfortunately I can not myself to call and talk to the support as badly speak English.
:(
Exactly, they should focus on selling hardware and let software be open source, they would sell more hardware which is their business.

Here is the advertisement on my box, it appears that they used boxes with 90 or 96 or 98 degrees, and then put stickers over them to hide the field of view.
The only difference between the original box and the new sticker is the Field of View is now hidden.
IMG_4242.jpgIMG_4243.jpg

I believe this antenna on the H is the one to which he refers...

Attachments

• 20160710_122759.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
according to the distributor I quoted he said that the original lens had been 98 deg. but for some reason Yuneec reverted to a 115 for production which is what we all have. He says (if it is to be believed) that they are now looking at going back to the original 98 deg.

This info coincides with something I heard somewhere - that Yuneec ordered the wrong lens for the production run.

Reactions: banned user
If they ordered the wrong lens then they managed to order the wrong sensor and processor too. They said in every interview and preview that the CGO3+ had a new Sony sensor (not the IMX117 in the CGO3) and a new processor plus every lens would be hand checked in the factory to ensure it was aligned and focused correctly. None of that seems to have been true.

Reactions: banned user
[QUOTE

If they ordered the wrong lens then they managed to order the wrong sensor and processor too. They said in every interview and preview that the CGO3+ had a new Sony sensor (not the IMX117 in the CGO3) and a new processor plus every lens would be hand checked in the factory to ensure it was aligned and focused correctly. None of that seems to have been true.

It's more or less documented that it's the same S2 processor as the CGO3, and the sensor may or may not be an IMX117 but the bridge board in this camera has the Sony marking replaced with something else, so yea it laughable that they call this a CGO3+ it should be called the CGO3-

Last edited:
What fb group was this in, please?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval