Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updates, is that it?

Funny you mention that as Yuneec pretty much created the live view screen in the transmitter while DJI maintained the “blasé’” transmitter with a “run whatcha brung” view screen concept. If what you had worked, great, but if your brand wasn’t compatible or large enough to see, buy another.

Had the ST-16 not already been in development and pre production we would have never seen it after the Chroma and Q series. It was near the end of the Chroma production run that Yuneec made a decision to end controllers with built in screens for new design drones and let consumers fend for themselves with viewing devices.

As both the Plus and 520 still use the ST-16 format for the controller they still have a view screen but going forward may be interesting to watch. If they come up with a new design that deviates from the H type frame design they may also change transmitters. Would they have a screen, or not? Time will tell.

One thing is certain, sometime back they elected to mimic some of DJI’s old business model. If they choose to continue use of DJI’s old business model we’ll see DJI moving forward by having better, high resolution view screens while Yuneec fades them away. For whatever reason, after the H-480 Yuneec has done exactly opposite of what they should have done and I haven’t seen indications of that changing.

As for Autel’s 1” sensor, they’ve been promising that for over two years. Don’t hold your breath.

I just acquired an EVO the range is phenomenal, the gimbal is okay, the camera dynamic log is beyond what I had expected, it’s lowlight capabilities is a disappointment. The take off is something to get used to, it’s a bit jerky.

The RC built-in screen is genius, and the telemetry map is always an A+ specially when going down range or inspecting behind obstacles, with a dependable OBS to boot.

Autel Robotics has not dented DJI’s Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro’s superiority, but the EVO does have a place in the market, and they are continually supporting their product.

But sadly, I am returning mine, because I feel as though, I am already getting the features that I need and more from my M2P.... Now, it’s on to the next one, try the exciting thermal drone by Anafi.

In another forum (CommercialPilots) you stated you were done with Yuneec and returning loyalty to your old brand. Based on that, the return of the Autel in favor of the Mavic is not surprising.

In another forum (CommercialPilots) you stated you were done with Yuneec and returning loyalty to your old brand. Based on that, the return of the Autel in favor of the Mavic is not surprising.

The difference between you and I is that you’re a brand fan. I went back to flying my DJI because of a recent hiccup with my THP in front of a client, presently the THP is back in the air and working once again, and it’s a relief, because my THP has been my work horse since 2018.

My DJI is reliable as the rest of the folks in the commercialPilots would agree, but it lacks stability in the air, and that is where the THP comes in, but I’m none biased to trying out new drones, and new brands.

As an operator (not retired) technology does not stop for anyone, so we ride the waves into the future.

It is going to be very interesting to see what yuneec’s next new product will be
Any thoughts?
Hopefully the big price drop on the plus like the H480, when a new model comes along, that will be good a buy.

Actually, I’m not a brand fan at all. My preference goes to what always works for the task at hand, while also assuring the owner/operator has control with where, when, and how they use their equipment.

If you’ve been paying attention you would have noted I find the “industry practice” of deliberately limiting their customers to be deplorable, and I have no qualms over criticizing any of them for failures to properly or effectively design their hardware or firmware. I also have no tolerance for incompetent users. If we are going to do something, do it the best we can by not limiting ourselves through insufficient knowledge or inadequate tools. For me to fail due my own deficiencies is one thing. I don’t need any manufacturers to help me fail by limiting the ability to succeed.

Last edited:
Yeah, I gotta say that the only reason I'm flying Yuneec is because the TH is a mature, very affordable, reasonably capable photo platform. I've owned upper end consumer DJI products and love the photo capabilities, but hate nannyware, GO4 app, dependence on Apple IOS systems to run properly. Plus I fly them as if they're made of Swarovski crystal.

I could afford to fly something in the $2000-$3000 category but since the TH meets my needs at $700 for a refurb RS unit I don't need to. Kind of makes it a disposable average level photo drone. Perfect for American culture. IMHO it all comes down to assessing the job that needs done, then choosing a platform that effectively and economically fills that need regardless of who makes it.

For less than a grand I can "fly it like I stole it" not worrying about updates and replace without missing a mortgage payment. So I'm sitting here waiting....waiting... for the day the TH+ gets replaced by a newest greatest bestest underperforming aircraft for big consumer $$$ .......and I'll add a TH+ at that time.

Older proven tech that leaves no unmet expectations or unfulfilled promises is the best tech. Me no like being beta tester for expensive gear when it's my $$$. Again, that's only IMHO.

Can anyone tell me what are the latest firmware versions for Typhoon H plus , for ST16S and camera.
I read something about firmware that is being problematic but as far as I know this is the latest firmware there is this 822/829 right ?
Or am I missing something ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20