Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updating CGO3

Reaction score
Just interested if anyone has plugged their CGO3 into the computer with the USB cable. I tried with mine and the computer doesn't recognize it and it does nothing. Was curious how to check to see if I have the latest firmware and how it all works. The GUI has no function to check firmware of the CGO3 and I am curious how that is done.

Reactions: Sage I
Ok, that answers the question on how to tell the firmware, but I still get nothing when I hook the camera up to the computer with the USB cable. The camera still has the card in it with pictures and video, but it does nothing while plugged into the computer? If I can't get it to recognize, then I would have a hard time updating it if/when updates come out.

Ok, will give that a try. Just wondered why the included the cable adaptor for the camera on the USB cable for the GUI. Not that big of a deal just yet as my camera currently has the latest firmware. But that will likely change.

How do you calibrate the CGO3? I just had a crash and I know that it's going to need to be recalibrated.
I was also wondering if anyone has a FPV range extender mod for their ST10+ for their Q500 4K and if so how much more distance can you get vertically and horizontally? Also, is it worth the price

I believe the cable is for connecting the gimbal to the older models.
The newer ones have contacts in the gimbal slide
There is a reset button for the camera within the settings on the ST10+
The Itelite range extender (antennae) is reputed to be excellent, other members can verify as I haven't installed mine yet.
As for vertical distance, how high do you want to go?
Without a 333 (500ft) the legal limit is 400ft and you have that already.

Don't ever be afraid of asking anything.
I was always taught there are no stupid questions, stupid answers certainly, but no stupid questions.

Reactions: threewildcrows
I believe the cable is for connecting the gimbal to the older models.
The newer ones have contacts in the gimbal slide
There is a reset button for the camera within the settings on the ST10+
The Itelite range extender (antennae) is reputed to be excellent, other members can verify as I haven't installed mine yet.
As for vertical distance, how high do you want to go?
Without a 333 (500ft) the legal limit is 400ft and you have that already.

Don't ever be afraid of asking anything.
I was always taught there are no stupid questions, stupid answers certainly, but no stupid questions.
Since I crashed my q500 4k when I plug the camera into the drone it starts to whip side to side while making a beeping sound. Obviously the crash did something to it. I was wondering if you had any idea would could be causing this and/or how to possibly fix it before I have to send it in for repairs?

Last edited:
Oh oh!
The beeping sounds?
Can they interpreted as "Exterminate! Exterminate!"
Sorry, years of watching Doctor Who seeping into my humour.
Have you tried calibrating the camera?

Oh oh!
The beeping sounds?
Can they interpreted as "Exterminate! Exterminate!"
Sorry, years of watching Doctor Who seeping into my humour.
Have you tried calibrating the camera?
where at is the reset button for the camera to recalibrate? Am I missing something, I can't seem to find it.

As for the cg03, with the bird powered up click on the cog shaped symbol on the main screen (NOT the settings one) and it takes you to a menu which includes an option to reset the camera.

As for the cg03, with the bird powered up click on the cog shaped symbol on the main screen (NOT the settings one) and it takes you to a menu which includes an option to reset the camera.
What exactly doe the cog symbol look like? Ive touched everything and i'm still not able to get a menu to reset the camera.

The cog looks just like a little cogwheel, very like the one next to the System Settings.
However this is a single one on the screen display itself, bottom right below the camera/video symbols.
With the bird and camera powered up you are able to click on the cog symbol and access the camera menu, after tapping ok on the warning.
That is :- video settings, audio switch, image style AND reset camera
Below these are multicopter settings; GPS and Calibration

The cog looks just like a little cogwheel, very like the one next to the System Settings.
However this is a single one on the screen display itself, bottom right below the camera/video symbols.
With the bird and camera powered up you are able to click on the cog symbol and access the camera menu, after tapping ok on the warning.
That is :- video settings, audio switch, image style AND reset camera
Below these are multicopter settings; GPS and Calibration
well that didn't work, but thanks for your help I really appreciate it. Any suggestions on what to do now?

Hmmmm
What damage is obvious from the crash?
What does the ST10+ show about the camera connection!?
Have you tried connecting the camera/gimball to the bird via the little cable that you would use on the steady grip?
Perhaps the "hot shoe" connection is compromised?

Hmmmm
What damage is obvious from the crash?
What does the ST10+ show about the camera connection!?
Have you tried connecting the camera/gimball to the bird via the little cable that you would use on the steady grip?
Perhaps the "hot shoe" connection is compromised?
I tried connecting to the bird using the braided wire and also on the steady grip. It does the same thing on both which is panning left and right non-stop. The camera works, well at least I get a picture from it but for some reason it won't stop going from side to side on the gimbal.

Ok, so I have a similar issue. Crashed my drone (hit a wire) and now the camera pans right constantly until it reaches a limit and then goes limp... the camera itself works fine. Obviously a Gimbal issue. Called Yuneec, explained, they told me YOU CANNOT CALIBRATE THE GIMBAL as a user because it requires specialized Temperature Controlled Calibration at different exact temperatures (???) Anyway they told me to send it in. Given I live in Peru (yes south america) I will need to spend an arm and a leg to get this camera re-calibrated. Has anyone had other experiences??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval