Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Use of extra pins on gimbal dampeners?

Reaction score
.. so would there be any issue buying a backup gimbal parts kit, AND putting the pins in the naked corners (so all 4 corners are pinned) ??

.. I did it myself tonight, and tbh, it has a MUCH more solid feel to it, as in if my TH were to come in for a rough landing, or possibly tip over, that the GCO3 would be just fine, & wouldn't bust loose from a damper cushion disconnect (flimsy)..

So I guess maybe my question is, has anyone else done this ?? results ??

.. will it effect the stability of the GCO3 ?? (as far as smoothness of filming)

Unfortunately I ran out of daylight to figure out that last question, but perhaps someone here has done this and could put in their .02..

Much thanks.

NW.

Last edited:
It won't hurt, but now the Top Mount Slide Rails will break, rather than separate the Top from the Bottom Mount, anything you make stronger just transfers the stress to another part of the Aircraft. I believe that's why they engineered it with only 2 Retainer Pins.

I had that exact problem, so now I use loose zip ties . The camera stays as normal with the dampers and has no where to go as in the one heavy bump/flip i had. Did not break anything and not even pulled out wire.

Reactions: Jim Davies
You can always add rubber bands as security, thats what Steve Carr had shown not to long ago ? I bought bags of black bands, Steve had mentioned, that he thought they couldn't be used with real sense, but they do at least for me anyway ? Also he said #32 is what he used, but I'm using #33 bands ?

You can always add rubber bands as security, thats what Steve Carr had shown not to long ago ? I bought bags of black bands, Steve had mentioned, that he thought they couldn't be used with real sense, but they do at least for me anyway ? Also he said #32 is what he used, but I'm using #33 bands ?

JB..

.. if you have a free second, could you possibly post up a pic of said rubber bands, and how you install them ??.. I like the concept, it would at least eliminate the hard pins and take that stress off of the top mount slide rails , yikes!.. that sounds like a trial and error I would NOT want to go through..

.. Keeping the gimbal secure but flexible to prevent damage in case of human error is the ultimate end-game on this subject.. Gentlemen, I applaud your answers!

NW.

JB..

.. if you have a free second, could you possibly post up a pic of said rubber bands, and how you install them ??.. I like the concept, it would at least eliminate the hard pins and take that stress off of the top mount slide rails , yikes!.. that sounds like a trial and error I would NOT want to go through..

.. Keeping the gimbal secure but flexible to prevent damage in case of human error is the ultimate end-game on this subject.. Gentlemen, I applaud your answers!

This is only an added safety thing, #32 band size ie what steve carr recomended, but I used a #33, also this is the c23 shown ?
NW.

Attachments

• rubber bands.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: Docdor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop