Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using ST10+ as second controler

Reaction score
I ordered the Basic package of the Yuneec Typhoon H.
I still have a ST10+ controler. Can i use him as a second controler with The Typhoon H
kind regards
/\/\ax2206

Yes you can. The ST10+ can be used to view and control the camera by a second person.
Note you cannot use it for flight controls though.

Yes you can. The ST10+ can be used to view and control the camera by a second person.
Note you cannot use it for flight controls though.
This is from Yuneec rep:

Typhoon H comes with the professional quality Android-based ST16 controller, including a large 7-inch integrated display and HD 720p video downlink for stunning real-time video reception. An HDMI output allows external monitors and VR goggles to be used to monitor video. Available separately, an ST12 or Wizard controller can additionally bind to the Typhoon H for Team Mode, which allows one controller to operate Typhoon H and the other to operate the camera.

ST10 is not compatible with Typhoon H. ST10 may only be used to stream video.

Yes you may use (2) ST16's or ST16 and ST12 in team mode.

Last edited:
This is from Yuneec rep:

Typhoon H comes with the professional quality Android-based ST16 controller, including a large 7-inch integrated display and HD 720p video downlink for stunning real-time video reception. An HDMI output allows external monitors and VR goggles to be used to monitor video. Available separately, an ST12 or Wizard controller can additionally bind to the Typhoon H for Team Mode, which allows one controller to operate Typhoon H and the other to operate the camera.

ST10 is not compatible with Typhoon H. ST10 may only be used to stream video.

Yes you may use (2) ST16's or ST16 and ST12 in team mode.
I heard you can use the ST10 to control the camera only, like a Wizard

I believe one of the original CES videos had a rep saying you could use the st10 in team mode. However, the reps now seem to only mention the st12 and wizard as the second controller. I guess we will soon see as q500 owners test out their new H's early next week.

All I know for sure is the Wizard will bind with it, we will have to get manual and more specs to see if other controllers will

I really struggle to understand why the ST10 will not bind if the wizard will. The ST10 is way more advanced than the wizard and I have both with my Q500. I guess we will see when we finally get our hands on the H.

It may bind just fine, we just have not had any confirmation as of yet because there is so little information out there on the "H", Hopefully it will !

The ST10 may need a firmware update to control the 360 function of the camera

First post here, kept waiting for my confirmation email to arrive but then realized I was logged in already. :)

I'm waiting for the H along with lots of others and am new to all of this. This is the first drone that I thought was good enough as well as safe enough for me to avoid crashing into objects on my farm. I haven't shopped yet but was wondering how much a second controller might cost. My order is with ACES and I don't see the ST12 listed there. Sounds like too much uncertainty with trying with the ST10. Thanks

Harvey, I would hang on for a bit if I were you on that second controller. For one, I think there is going to be a lot of wizards going up for sale after the pre-orders are received since some just would not have a use for it or already have one on hand.

It also think the ST10 would be less expensive to get and again you may pick up used one for cheap since guys with q500's may want to recoup some of there investments by selling the older controllers. Check eBay of the boards for guys selling.

Reactions: HarveyC
Harvey I agree with yufasa, wait a bit, did you not get offered a "FREE" wizard with your order of the "H" ? Most dealers and Yuneec were offering one as a promo.

Yes, I'm getting a free wizard with my purchase, I do plan to use that also, but thought when I want to do some virtual tours of my farm I would find the second controller for video recording helpful. Just trying to figure out my options at this time. My first purchase will likely be the realsense module when it comes out. Thanks!

That's okay, the set up is to fly the H with the wizard and use your ST16 to control the camera and film or snap pics as you can see with the monitor. But having a second controller is cool too!

Reactions: HarveyC
That's okay, the set up is to fly the H with the wizard and use your ST16 to control the camera and film or snap pics as you can see with the monitor. But having a second controller is cool too!
As I said, I'm new to this and just thought I'd feel much more comfortable piloting the bird through my orchard (between rows of trees) while looking a monitor instead of doing so with a wizard. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval