Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Venom Produo settings for H Plus

Reaction score
I'm curious what would be the best settings for this charger. I see there's an option for LiHV and LiPo. The batteries for the H Plus have Lithium Polymer on the case so I've been using the LiPo setting. I'm not sure which values would give the best charge in terms of flight time and battery life.

Plus batteries are LiHV... Lithium Lithium Polymer High Voltage.

Last edited:
Reactions: DCH
The H+ are LiHV cells. Full charge is 4.35 volts per cell as opposed to normal lipos which are full charge at 4.2 volts per cell.
LiHV cells are a lipo cell, just running at a higher voltage.

I use an after market charger. Use these settings:

Type = LiHV
Cells = 4S
Rate = 5.3 amps
I always balance charge.

What is the average flight time with your batteries on the H Plus? I seem to only get a solid 20 minutes before I start to get the red 39% warning to go home. Maybe I can get more time if I am not so cautious to return so soon. What are your experiences?

What is the average flight time with your batteries on the H Plus? I seem to only get a solid 20 minutes before I start to get the red 39% warning to go home. Maybe I can get more time if I am not so cautious to return so soon. What are your experiences?
I responded to this question in that other thread but will post here too so others can see. ;)

My experience with the H Plus batteries is similar to yours Tom. For the first 40 or so flights, I could get 19 minutes or so before I got the first warning. However LiHV batteries begin to loose their punch around this point, many reviewers say basically the same thing - LiHV batteries have an impressive early life compared to standard LiPo's but do not have the same longevity. My original two batteries have at least 100 cycles each and if I get 12 minutes, I am lucky. I have always followed the same battery procedures with my Plus as I did with my 480 - never leaving them fully charged for more than 24 hours, always allow to cool before charging and always maintaining storage levels when not in use.

My two original LiHV packs have a very slight bulging but they are not soft like when a LiPo gets a little puffy but rather, are very solid. If you want to extend the life of an LiHV, my understanding is to not take to the low warning on every flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval