Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Venom Typhoon H Charger Additional Info

Reaction score
There has already been an extensive post on this charger (March 2) so I'm not going to be redundant, but I did want to provide some additional info after using it.
Manual states that the process to "store" can take up to 5hrs if the battery is fully charged. I found it took at least 7hrs for factory or UltraX batteries. They do recommend doing this when the battery is at 50%. Unfortunately, not a luxury I had. This becomes a problem if you don't want to babysit the charger for this length of time. There is no way I will leave it unattended. So I was forced to do this incrementally.
I wish there was a readout for charge level. You are operating completely in the blind while this charger is at work. This is a feature that should be included in a unit that cost $200 +.
As reported earlier, it is solidly built and does what it is supposed to do.

Attachments

• 20170513_090710.jpg
    20170513_090710.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
There has already been an extensive post on this charger (March 2) so I'm not going to be redundant, but I did want to provide some additional info after using it.
Manual states that the process to "store" can take up to 5hrs if the battery is fully charged. I found it took at least 7hrs for factory or UltraX batteries. They do recommend doing this when the battery is at 50%. Unfortunately, not a luxury I had. This becomes a problem if you don't want to babysit the charger for this length of time. There is no way I will leave it unattended. So I was forced to do this incrementally.
I wish there was a readout for charge level. You are operating completely in the blind while this charger is at work. This is a feature that should be included in a unit that cost $200 +.
I agree. It is a shortcoming of all chargers I have seen. It's far more convenient to make a discharge setup using a pair of 12v headlights in series with a voltmeter attached. The problem with the charges is the lack of good heat dissipation. They simply get to hot when trying to discharge at a higher rate.

I have a Venom Pro 80w dual balance charger. It shows Voltage when charging or discharging. Discharging is at 1amp. max. so it is quite slow as well.
It is a great charger as one can "charge", "fast charge" or "balance charge" depending on what one wants and It cost only cost about us $100 - 135

I have a Venom Pro 80w dual balance charger. It shows Voltage when charging or discharging. Discharging is at 1amp. max. so it is quite slow as well.
It is a great charger as one can "charge", "fast charge" or "balance charge" depending on what one wants and It cost only cost about us $100 - 135
In hindsight I should have done a little more research. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...
Yep. Although I do like the idea of a dedicated 4x charger that doesn't require adapters. And don't be surprised to see intelligent batteries from yuneec announced in the next 12 months.

Yes 4x charger is nice.
I wouldn't hold my breath regarding upgrades to batteries or other upgrades for that matter of fact, such as better wifi camera comms... yuneec is a let down for that kind of stuff, it's been a thorn in the butt for a lot if people for a long time now,
yet... nothing

Wow! A Speed Loader for Batteries! Now I see another use for my mag pouches on my Tactical Vest.

Gotta love Dr. Google! I just found the following, for anyone that has a 3D printer:
Yuneec Typhoon H battery tray by covert

Almost no one owns one, as we spent our spare dimes on a DRONE. (but you might be interested in postings from Ralphy)

Of course, money buys everything..... look @ mr President. (oops, a joke... arghhh.... off topic... presumably deleted and banned!)

:)

They do recommend doing this when the battery is at 50%. Unfortunately, not a luxury I had. This becomes a problem if you don't want to babysit the charger for this length of time.
Surely would have been quicker to fly the batteries and charge to the level you want, than wait 5 or 7 hours for the discharge cycle?

Reactions: James (Randy) Smith
I recently purchased a EV-PEAK DY3 dual TH battery charger. It brought my batteries to storage level much faster than that. Fans dissipate the heat. It also shows the voltage of each cell in each battery. From storage to full charge was faster than I expected also. At under $100, I'm happy.
Amazon.com: ev-peak dy3

Reactions: Steve Carr
Precisely the reason why -- after researching the Venom -- I didn't buy one. Over $200 for a charger that doesn't really do anything but charge the batteries is crazy when I already have 4 OEM chargers. The discharge function is a really important feature needed for Lipo Battery safety and maintenance Maybe the Venom unit will introduce this in a newer version. Until then, not spending $229 for a battery charger -- not matter how good it looks!

I recently purchased a EV-PEAK DY3 dual TH battery charger. It brought my batteries to storage level much faster than that. Fans dissipate the heat. It also shows the voltage of each cell in each battery. From storage to full charge was faster than I expected also. At under $100, I'm happy.
That's great. You could buy 2 of those and still be cheaper than the Venom and a lot more versatile.

Can't find this one. Is there one under another model number from ev-peak?

Bought one EV Peak. Right side does not work. :mad:
Trying to get service (replacement) now.
Mine was a little stubborn at first. You have to insert the battery with authority and repeat a few times at first. After that "break in" mine makes contact every time. Hope this helps.

Mine was a little stubborn at first. You have to insert the battery with authority and repeat a few times at first. After that "break in" mine makes contact every time. Hope this helps.

Yeh tried that, thanks for your advice. Display comes up with battery status, but pushing the switch makes no difference. Sometimes it seems to work, that is... it says chrg, but fan does not come in and nothing really happens.
Left side works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1