Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Very Limited Altitude and Speed When GPS is turned off.

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience with their Breeze doing the "Low & Slow" when flying outside with the GPS shut off and in Pilot or Controller mode?? I'm flying on a graveled parking lot and going from there to inside my warehouse for a video I'm shooting for my YouTube channel. Something to do with the ground sensors maybe?? (They're all in the Blue while aloft though)
Can't get above about 10 or 12 feet and it just creeps.... still controls well but just slowly. Does make it a little difficult to control if it gets a little windy, (8-10 MPH). Almost like its in some sort of beginner mode or something..... strange.

Controlling it is easier in remote mode. using the phone is risky I think. I just lost my breeze to a water fall using the Iphone as the controller.

Controlling it is easier in remote mode. using the phone is risky I think. I just lost my breeze to a water fall using the Iphone as the controller.
The phone still controls the drone when you use the controller. The controller only provides inputs to the app (which is on your phone) which then forwards them to the Breeze. The controller does not add connectivity to the Breeze. In fact, it adds a layer of complexity (ie. Bluetooth) to the connection.

The phone still controls the drone when you use the controller. The controller only provides inputs to the app (which is on your phone) which then forwards them to the Breeze. The controller does not add connectivity to the Breeze. In fact, it adds a layer of complexity (ie. Bluetooth) to the connection.

the phones touch scheen is pretty fickle. Controlling it is easier with the controller. When I said risky, I meant overall output to the drone. Using the Bluetooth controller, your almost get solid controls. It doesn't drift like it does when you use the phone. Personally I don't like using the phone. Trying to fly it around in patterns or special flight maneuvers is hard using the phone.

the phones touch scheen is pretty fickle. Controlling it is easier with the controller. When I said risky, I meant overall output to the drone. Using the Bluetooth controller, your almost get solid controls. It doesn't drift like it does when you use the phone. Personally I don't like using the phone. Trying to fly it around in patterns or special flight maneuvers is hard using the phone.
I agree that it is easier to maneuver the Breeze using the controller, however, certain functions (ie. Journey, Orbit, ...) don't work with the controller. I find that the Orbit function produces much smoother panoramas, for example. And I occasionally utilize the Smart Follow me mode.

I agree too. The controller is just the controller, It doesn't have all the other functions you'd wish it had in controller mode. I've used the follow me function to and it works pretty well. You just have to watch out for tall things, and go in a semi straight line for it to work well.

yeah using the other modes without it was very disappointing.

Quick note I saw mentioned elsewhere, and also discovered, if you want pans of the horizon, using orbit mode with the camera parallel to the ground works pretty well. I've found a larger radius is smoother.

Reactions: CzarMark
Thanks for the tips.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers