Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

video footage freezing during flight and during playback.

Reaction score
Is this a firmware problem just purchased typhoon H pro and video is choppy at all video settings HELP

Can you show us an example?

How have you set up the camera for ISO, shutter speed, white balance, etc.?

What is the light like outside?

Are you using ND filters?

Choppy on st16 or playing from sd card on computer?
Both st16 and hdmi and sd card and copied and saved to computer plays smooth then freezes then jumps back a frame then catches up then repeats. sometimes after changing the setting to 1080 f 60 it ran smoother but still not good. along the edges of the video pitcher it will streak as the typhoon is moving or as the camera is tilted and paned all settings were out of box and it has been happening through out the for mentioned video changes

the one it came with. trying to upload a video need to edit it is to big
Sometimes the one that comes with it is not a good enough card. As mine was not up to standard either. I would try a different card class 10 +.

I agree the 16GB card that comes with the H stinks, , I use a Samsung SD Adapter for for micrsoSD 64GB. Depending how fast your computer and video card will make a difference.

Both st16 and hdmi and sd card and copied and saved to computer plays smooth then freezes
The video playback on the ST16 is generally choppy, so that is not a surprise.
I'm guessing your computer is not up to the task of playing high resolution video. To play 4k video you need a really good gaming pc. Even 1080p will be jerky, start and stop and have artifacts on the screen. The video card can't keep up and the pc doesn't have the Ram and processor for such tasks.
A card rated at U3 is needed for recording. That's a 3 inside the U. The size doesn't matter. 16 or 32GB is sufficient.
If you have a friend with a much faster pc, try copying the file to that computer and see what it looks like. Don't try to play the video directly from the card. That may cause the same problem.

ok good information I will look for and get new sd card and see what happens fingers crossed all will be good.
as far as computer ram 8 gb, amd A8-4500m with hd graphics

My computer will play 4K with a lot of skipped frames so it has a jerky appearance. It will play 1080p 30fps well but not 1080p 60fps. It has 16GB of Ram. I can edit with no problem but the rendering from the editor for a 3 minute video in 4K is about 30 minutes. It would do better if I spend some big bucks on a video card and got a 4K monitor. That will have to wait.

Now compare the CPU from yours on the left to this computer on the right. I really think you are expecting too much from your pc.

AMD Benchmark.jpg

hot freekin dang it was the card logged several flights and great video play back on computer thanks for all the feed back will try on TV next don't think I will have a problem with that great information I never knew there were deferent quality cards.
thanks Steve

Reactions: Shadowolf
Yep, different capabilities for read/write speeds on cards. It won't be long and they'll be requiring even higher read/write speeds and 4K 60 fps becomes more common.

Yup. The ST-16 stores different video from the camera. ST-16 video can be choppy (it has to go over the radio link). The camera should be rock solid so long as the card that is in it is good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluie707bayboy