Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video Format CGO3+ question on RAW

Reaction score
Learning the CGO3+ and CGO4 cameras, and reading through various posts I've noticed several threads indicate shooting in RAW and indicate Video not Stills. I was fairly confident the ability to shoot RAW video was not available within the CGO3+ cameras but wanted to inquire if I'm missing something. IF it can shoot video RAW, it's the lowest cost solution on the market with most starting at $2K for a RAW Video camera.

My assumptions without even a deep examination; the storage ability both in size & speed wasn't offered on the CGO3+ cameras to support Video RAW. There are several DSLR that can shoot video RAW but are upper models and require large GB storage for short interval footage. Normally Video RAW requires about 512GB per 20-30 minutes and require extremely fast transfer speeds, most use a fast SSD card.

What format is being referred to as Video RAW, I've examined the various CGO3+ settings and I'm not able to determine what would be considered video RAW.

The RAW setting means that no video processing (colour balance, contrast, sharpening) is done in the camera. It's still compressed (so not like real Video RAW - you still need a $2K camera for that!).

The result is you have a file that can be better edited in post - you *will* need to sharpen it, and increase contrast and saturation. This is much better than making the camera do it whilst you're shooting, as it only has a relatively low powered processor and can't do a perfect job.

The RAW setting means that no video processing (colour balance, contrast, sharpening) is done in the camera. It's still compressed (so not like real Video RAW - you still need a $2K camera for that!).

The result is you have a file that can be better edited in post - you *will* need to sharpen it, and increase contrast and saturation. This is much better than making the camera do it whilst you're shooting, as it only has a relatively low powered processor and can't do a perfect job.

Thanks Tuna, so what is the actual format for the video RAW setting: Mpeg, H-264, etc.

Yup, H264 variable rate encoding, up to 60 mb/second

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval