Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

video limit?

Nope. All cameras split video to avoid large file sizes. You have to put them together in an editor.

Nope. All cameras split video to avoid large file sizes. You have to put them together in an editor.
Yes this is normal for yuneec, but not normal for cameras.
I own several professional camcorders, DSLR's & cheap point-n-shoot's, but this is the first camera I have ever come across that chops up the files. Actually the universal standard for video footage length in DSLR's & point-n-shoots are 29 mins. This has become a standard due to certain European laws.

I am wondering if Yuneec implemented this feature to keep the files small, that way there wouldn't be a chance of corrupting the file while it is writing to the card.
Also, I believe it writes each 5 min clip to the card as it is recording and this can protect you from losing most of your footage, in case something is corrupted while writing as well.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, GoPros do this as well.
That is probably true.
I have not used a gopro much.
I would think that it would be for the same reason. It seems to be inherent in action cams. I can see them using this feature to protect against the loss of footage during any camera trauma.
Probably overall a good idea, but is annoying.

That is probably true.
I have not used a gopro much.
I would think that it would be for the same reason. It seems to be inherent in action cams. I can see them using this feature to protect against the loss of footage during any camera trauma.
Probably overall a good idea, but is annoying.

I've learned to pre-edit by thinking in 5 min shots. One benefit is that if you don't stop recording and shut off the H, the last file will be corrupt. They butt together seamlessly in post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval