Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video of RealSense H in Watch Me Mode

R

Rayray

FINALLY the weather let me fly and record my Pro as the RealSense Module piloted the drone in an area of giant Oak trees. In Smart Mode, with "Watch Me" and OA activated From this video start to finish, the only ST-16 control touched was the video record start-stop button. No editing, no flim-flam trickery. A true robot of the air! The video is not of a quality many of you produce, it's just to demo RS.

I do not know why it chose to lead me on the return, but the frequent "chirps" told me it was navigating some of the trees you see pass by. Toward the end, my airport hanger is visible. Getting a bit run down.

I could not see the drone when it first followed me, and later, watching the video for the first time, I felt fear as it heads straight at the first big tree, even though I knew it had survived.

Nice.
I don't think that it chose to lead you near the end. You just happened to do a 180 when it had negotiated that tree and just tried to keep the same distance from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when it began to lead you which way was it facing? did it still travel forward and just point the camera at you?

So when it began to lead you which way was it facing? did it still travel forward and just point the camera at you?

Yes. Anytime RealSense is in control, the craft will face its direction of travel, no matter what the camera is watching.

Reactions: abinder
It's a texting 'face' expression; winking with tongue sticking out.
;P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rayray
People, including me, have noted the slower speed when RealSense is activated and the relative closeness it must get to operate.
Intel just released info about their future direction, including RealSense in drones. Here's an excerpt, read the part about speed and longer range.
IntelRSfuture.JPG

Ascending Tech, of Germany, now part of Intel, is said to be the brains behind this integration of technologies.

FINALLY the weather let me fly and record my Pro as the RealSense Module piloted the drone in an area of giant Oak trees. In Smart Mode, with "Watch Me" and OA activated From this video start to finish, the only ST-16 control touched was the video record start-stop button. No editing, no flim-flam trickery. A true robot of the air! The video is not of a quality many of you produce, it's just to demo RS.

I do not know why it chose to lead me on the return, but the frequent "chirps" told me it was navigating some of the trees you see pass by. Toward the end, my airport hanger is visible. Getting a bit run down.

I could not see the drone when it first followed me, and later, watching the video for the first time, I felt fear as it heads straight at the first big tree, even though I knew it had survived.

Nice Ray!

Ana Rosa, huh? Welcome, glad to have you here. Oh, and thanks. Guess you can tell I like my "Robot" of the sky...

Reactions: Ana Rosa
Ana Rosa, huh? Welcome, glad to have you here. Oh, and thanks. Guess you can tell I like my "Robot" of the sky...

Im happy to see that video, and your passion for the Robot Ray!

Lets see longer videos in new places, keep that motivation going....

Hey Ray Ray I was just watching your video and was kind of wondering was the typhoon H turning or spinning or did it just stay in One Direction ?

Hey Ray Ray I was just watching your video and was kind of wondering was the typhoon H turning or spinning or did it just stay in One Direction ?

No spinning, but it always faces the direction of travel, except to pause at times and "look" left, right, to avoid obstacles. This video was "Watch Me", so you cannot know the bird orientation from watching the video. Earlier I did a (poor, lol) video in "Follow Me", and you can see more of the bird's actual path. I'll add that the RealSense often takes the bird on a path you would not anticipate. No idea why, spooky.
Thanks for watching.

Hey, rayray nice video.
Tell me did yours come with the neck strap in the video?

I'd like to see it closer to you, not so high, so it has to do more avoiding than up and over.
But amazing and I'm so glad I have one on order in a few weeks.

Tell me did yours come with the neck strap in the video?

No neck strap. Per member Brandon Lowe, I called Yuneec (USA), and ordered one. I think now I saw it also on Amazon. Oops, is that a bad word Down Under?

Nah, Amazon is fine. I order stuff if it and get it shipped when they allow it. Or I use a drop ship address in Oragon.
Thanks Haydn

Pretty cool! Question, the camera must have rotated around when the drone was in front of you I'm assuming because the way I understand it the RS only works while the drone is going forward correct?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval