Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video range- terrible!

I did some flying in my neighborhood last night and got a bit better results. This time I took it up to 200' for one test and 400' for another. In both cases, I got out about 600+ feet before the video signal froze. A lot better than 200-something.
End of this week we're headed to my mom's house, she lives in a much less congested area, minimum lot size of 1/2 acre, so I'll try it there too and see how it goes.

I'll probably pull the trigger on the ITELITE antenna. I do most of my flying at night in my neighborhood because it's hard for me to get out to fly, so some more range would be great.

If your like me I like to research all products made for the extra things I do to my Q500. You might also look into the 4Hawks Raptor antenna for the ST10. They offer a couple of different iterations of their system. Both 4Hawks and Itelite are both very good systems. I picked 4Hawks because I liked their antennas configuration. I found pictures of the insides of both products and preferred how 4Hawks constructed their panel antennas. You probably can't go wrong with either product. I also put two external rubber duckie antennas for the 2.4ghz side and a 5.8 4 lobe clover leaf antenna of the camera. They work phenomenally on the bird and they were cheap. Are the external antennas on the bird needed. Probably not really. The way I figure is they can't hurt, mostly when you got just under a grand investment in your drone. By the way both the ST10 and the bird was technically easy to mod. Take care and fair skies.

Reactions: chimpax
Thanks, I'll check that one out too before I pull the trigger.

BTW, I flew at my mom's place on thanksgiving, much less densely populated, i.e. less wifi congestion, but still with above-ground power wires... I made it to about 850 ft before the video signal froze... better but still not great. Since this is the type of area i fly in most often, seems I really need to upgrade my antennae.

If your like me I like to research all products made for the extra things I do to my Q500. You might also look into the 4Hawks Raptor antenna for the ST10. They offer a couple of different iterations of their system. Both 4Hawks and Itelite are both very good systems. I picked 4Hawks because I liked their antennas configuration. I found pictures of the insides of both products and preferred how 4Hawks constructed their panel antennas. You probably can't go wrong with either product. I also put two external rubber duckie antennas for the 2.4ghz side and a 5.8 4 lobe clover leaf antenna of the camera. They work phenomenally on the bird and they were cheap. Are the external antennas on the bird needed. Probably not really. The way I figure is they can't hurt, mostly when you got just under a grand investment in your drone. By the way both the ST10 and the bird was technically easy to mod. Take care and fair skies.
How do you achieve 800'..is there a hack

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval