Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video signal loss

Brushed motors are well known for their RF interference. You need to add a RFI suppression film capacitor on each landing gear motor. I use 100nF film capacitor (marked with 104), which we find in nearly all electronic components.
View attachment 21095 ------> View attachment 21096
The cap should suppress most of the RF interference from the gear motor.

br HE
From what I've read, the problem seems only apparent in EU Firmware, and the other countries don't seem to have it, why would raising the legs be connected to motor interference? And the interference be only on the weaker eu firmware? Are you claiming the more powerful US video feed overcomes the apparent motor interference?

why would raising the legs be connected to motor interference
Because the motor is only running when the landing gear going up or down. And when a brushed motor runs it sends wide band RF interferences.

Are you claiming the more powerful US video feed overcomes the apparent motor interference?
Yes. More power means more chance to overcome interferences. A 100W transmitter will laugh to the tiny motor;).

br HE

Reactions: PatR
Because the motor is only running when the landing gear going up or down. And when a brushed motor runs it sends wide band RF interferences.

Yes. More power means more chance to overcome interferences. A 100W transmitter will laugh to the tiny motor;).

br HE
Problem is turning the copter left or right can cause it, and just taking off and moving away can happen too, not just the leg actuator, the 4hawks is the best compromise for me without having to suppress you can do what some do, just get US GGO3+.

Brushed motors are well known for their RF interference. You need to add a RFI suppression film capacitor on each landing gear motor. I use 100nF film capacitor (marked with 104), which we find in nearly all electronic components.
View attachment 21095 ------> View attachment 21096
The cap should suppress most of the RF interference from the gear motor.

br HE

Where are these
Motors at ?

Where are they located ?

This can be just one problem as I said before, the weaker signal causes problems even just turning the copter with legs already up or down, and it will just lose signal occasionally when just flying away from you, quite ridiculous to hamper the copter with this feature, which so say won't be requiredwhen EASA regulations ate harmonised, well UK are completely leaving and not following, do I not sure whether they will follow, at one time the consultation said UK would adapt the regs, but now so sources are saying no.

Also - The 5.8Ghz antenna is on the bottom of the gimbal ball.
The signal gets out OK when the camera is aimed up.
When the camera is tilted straight down, signal propagation is less efficient.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis