Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video stream CGO3+

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering, is the video-image resolution and speed i get on my ST16 from the CGO3+ the same as i would get it on my mobile with the CGO app?
I want to stream the feed and if it doesn't matter i'll take the HDMI output from the ST16

Thanks
Eric

The speed and resolution are the same. They are dependent on the camera, not on the receiver.
HDMI output has a different resolution but I'm not sure what you are asking for.

Reactions: Strooptocht.EU
The speed and resolution are the same. They are dependent on the camera, not on the receiver.
HDMI output has a different resolution but I'm not sure what you are asking for.
OK, cool, thanks! That's what i wanted to know. For an event a want to create a live stream from the CGO3+ i.e. to Facebook. I only wanted to know what the best resolution would be.

Tomorrow I'll tell you all the RTSP parameters. Take in mind that more than one connection to the camera can produce some lags in the stream.

OK, cool, thanks! That's what i wanted to know. For an event a want to create a live stream from the CGO3+ i.e. to Facebook. I only wanted to know what the best resolution would be.
Tomorrow I'll tell you all the RTSP parameters. Take in mind that more than one connection to the camera can produce some lags in the stream.
i'm aware of that, but it would be cool to know! Looking forward to it!

rtsp://192.168.42.1/live --> CGO3+

Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (Main), yuvj420p(pc, bt709, progressive), 960x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 4:3], 20 fps, 20 tbr, 90k tbn

Stream #0:1: Audio: aac (LC), 48000 Hz, mono, fltp

Take in mind that more than one connection to the camera can produce some lags in the stream.
Have you tried to verify this theory? I used to believe this to be true simply because it's a wifi connection. However a couple of years ago a Yuneec engineer said there is no lag increase because the communication is only one-way; from the camera to a receiver. If that is the case the camera would not be affected by multiple receivers.

Exactly the main problem is with very narrow bandwidth. Switching to a wider one should give better results.

Can try. I didn't test this vector of communication.

With the following command you can increase the WiFi transfer rate to 56Mbit/s:
Code:
http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_WIFI_SPEED&speed_rate=9

Default is rate=1 which is 6MBit/s.
Once done the setting persists. To check results:
Code:
http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=GET_WIFI_SPEED

Maybe this has an influence to latency, I'm not sure.

br HE

Last edited:
With the following command you can increase the WiFi transfer rate to 56Mbit/s:
Code:
http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=SET_WIFI_SPEED&speed_rate=9

Default is rate=1 which is 6MBit/s.
Once done the setting persists. To check results:
Code:
http://192.168.42.1/cgi-bin/cgi?CMD=GET_WIFI_SPEED

Maybe this has an influence to latency, I'm not sure.

br HE
Cool, i'll give it a try! But the resolution of the stream stays 720, am i right?
By the way, are there more of these commands? Or does the CGO have a little website in it?

Cool, I'll give it a try! But the resolution of the stream stays 720, am I right?
The resolution doesn't depend on the transfer media.

By the way, are there more of these commands? Or does the CGO have a little website in it?
About the commands search the forum. No, there is no website, just the control is organized via CGI.

Have you tried to verify this theory? I used to believe this to be true simply because it's a wifi connection. However, a couple of years ago a Yuneec engineer said there is no lag increase because the communication is only one-way; from the camera to a receiver. If that is the case the camera would not be affected by multiple receivers.
Tried with two screens connected to the same camera. One was a Sony tablet, another was the ST16. A few slowing exist but is a very small one. Not significant at all. Unfortunately, I can't change the wifi link to 54 MBps, because my REST terminal on the tablet stops working for any reason. Anyway, for two receivers the bandwidth is enough.

Now, just for curiosity, how to stream it to FB? ;)

Tried with two screens connected to the same camera. One was a Sony tablet, another was the ST16. A few slowing exist but is a very small one. Not significant at all. Unfortunately, I can't change the wifi link to 54 MBps, because my REST terminal on the tablet stops working for any reason. Anyway, for two receivers the bandwidth is enough.

Now, just for curiosity, how to stream it to FB? ;)
Did you try OBS? Open Broadcaster Software | OBS

No, I still didn't try anything. Just now read some articles about this. As I can see, there are two variants to stream. Via business page or some intermediate provider. In any case, as I understood from these 5-minute readings, the stream should be available over the Internet with fixed IP or something like this one.

Did you try OBS?

As I can see, this one is for mixing, real-time processing and so on. The basic part, as I described upper, is to organize a stream to FB. Some articles talk about RTMP. Should read more... The best approach will be an Android application, which gets the RTSP and prepare it as a stream from a camera on your device. This will be the simplest way to hack FB and share any video.

Now I'm in "sockets" to arrange proper communication for my camera project. Sharing will be the next step. Should be ready for the war... ;)

If someone tried it, let to share their feelings...

If someone tried it, let to share their feelings...
I only heard/read about it ;-) still have to check. Now on friday i will have a shoot with the Typhoon H partly indoors. So i'm flying from outside into a boat-shed. Should i do it? Or will i piss my pants? ;)

Now on Friday, I will have a shoot with the Typhoon H partly indoors.
Do you have equipped with the RealSense module? How will H behave from outdoor to indoors I have no idea. Do some test flights in manual mode with GPS off. Control manoeuvres are s different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval