Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
First.... thank you to all of the members here. Great information, very helpful to rookies. Thank you!

I have a 4K. Live in NJ and want to use it to get some video of my boat, friends boats. It is 90% hobby/ recreational use, but also wanted to get some video for my tackle shop and fishing business websites.

Have made a couple take off & landings from boat as practice. But I know the day will come when I just may have to land in water. I see the pool noodle video, but looks like it makes copter tough to control with all of that extra surface area catching air.

Does anybody make 3D printed alternatives ? Any ideas? Or should I just forget about this idea? Lol. It would be for an emergency landing only. Hate to lose control of copter with large noodles and effect the video.

Thanks again guys. I have learned so much from this forum..... can't place a price on the knowledge here.

First.... thank you to all of the members here. Great information, very helpful to rookies. Thank you!

I have a 4K. Live in NJ and want to use it to get some video of my boat, friends boats. It is 90% hobby/ recreational use, but also wanted to get some video for my tackle shop and fishing business websites.

Have made a couple take off & landings from boat as practice. But I know the day will come when I just may have to land in water. I see the pool noodle video, but looks like it makes copter tough to control with all of that extra surface area catching air.

Does anybody make 3D printed alternatives ? Any ideas? Or should I just forget about this idea? Lol. It would be for an emergency landing only. Hate to lose control of copter with large noodles and effect the video.

Thanks again guys. I have learned so much from this forum..... can't place a price on the knowledge here.
hi
any of the foam noodles with enough bouncy mite keep the Q4K from sinking but landing on water would be another story unless you are on a lake or on real calm water any wave action and most likely you will get water in your camera because of how low the 4K camera sits under the Q . i have use water pipe foam on my Blade 350 QX and my Q4K quads but not for water but for landing the extra length keeps the quads from tipping over in heavy winds and has more of a bottom surface to land on . below are my landing pods .
fly safe IMG_20160321_152551.jpg

Reactions: Jersey Jigger
I set mine up with just a single piece that curves around the back but left open near the camera. Works ok, and camera doesnt get wet. I dont use it for landing so much as ensuring it doesnt sink when flying over water.

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
Have you guy's tried the floats made for RC airplanes? Seems like they would work well?

hi
any of the foam noodles with enough bouncy mite keep the Q4K from sinking but landing on water would be another story unless you are on a lake or on real calm water any wave action and most likely you will get water in your camera because of how low the 4K camera sits under the Q . i have use water pipe foam on my Blade 350 QX and my Q4K quads but not for water but for landing the extra length keeps the quads from tipping over in heavy winds and has more of a bottom surface to land on . below are my landing pods .
fly safe View attachment 2374
Thank you. Never thought about waves and the camera. You just saved me some $$

If you want to land on water or do a lot of flying over water, you might want to consider building or buying a waterproof quad that floats.

Reactions: Jersey Jigger
If you want to land on water or do a lot of flying over water, you might want to consider building or buying a waterproof quad that floats.

Been looking at some. The 4K fit my video needs and I did not consider the chance it may " fly away" before purchasing it. I have since found some of them that would not be a worry. Just have to find the right camera. I'm not a go pro fan. The 4K set up is just very simple. Easy for the crew to use.

The best non-Gopro out there right now is the Xiaomi Yi 2. Same video modes as GoPro but with image stabilization and fisheye correction built in as well as a screen on the back. It sells for $249. It also has better battery life.

The best non-Gopro out there right now is the Xiaomi Yi 2. Same video modes as GoPro but with image stabilization and fisheye correction built in as well as a screen on the back. It sells for $249.

Thank you. I heard of it before, but the name slipped my mind until you just mentioned it again. Been looking all over using wrong namess. lol. Thank you!

Way awesome! This would be fun to do with all the beaches and ocean here in San Diego. My only concern would be the waves washing away the drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval