Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Water-treated Typhoon H

Reaction score

edit. This is not my clip. I thought some may be interested in having this done to their H.

Last edited:
Reactions: oliver
Very impressive. I am wondering if they made it water-proof or maybe our Typhoon H is water-proof by default and we don't know it? :p

It was treated by a vendor.
Excerpt from video description...

This is water-treated from a vendor that guarantees their work; we ran this unit through the paces to see if their guarantee was worthwhile. We were very pleased to see the results in very, very wet conditions. This is not a spray-on silicon that will eventually wear off...

Looks impressive... and the ST-16 is treated as well? You couldn't run the controller from inside your car... even a doorway would obstruct line of sight. Rain would also reduce distance of effective VLOS considerably. When you change batteries, how is the seal ensured?

As you may realize there are a number of vents in the TH 480 and gimbal. Does the water proofing cover them up? If so, how to you expect to deal with the heat generated by the TH480? Does the vendor guarantee that it will dissipate the heat as well as being waterproof?

IMHO, they do not cover up the vents... hence the terminology "water treated"... I'd want to see a demo first hand. They should get a booth at the trade shows to show it off to folks. I've sent off an email to the YouTube poster to request info. RiverRunner would be a good person to check this out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
There are some other videos out there demonstrating products for waterproofing electronics, including the immersion of receiver, servo, and electric motors. Subsequent discussions included someone checking with Yuneec as to warranty invalidations.

On the advice of my lawyer, I will leave it up to interested parties to research their own answers to the above!

Worth a look though, if nothing else than a little protection against the unexpected shower or the need to push the luck in order to “get the shot”.

Jeff

Maybe Spotted-Eagle should be able to shed some light on this. He is linked with SDM in some way or the other.

you must have read the book 1984 lol. big brother is watching...

Besides our government the biggest snoops are the companies who advertise. Google and Facebook at the top of the heap. Have you ever noticed that when you search for something that for a week or two afterwards you see ads for what you searched for? How do you think Facebook makes its billions? Both offer developers APIs so that they can make correlations on the data they collect about you that might stun you.

edit. This is not my clip. I thought some may be interested in having this done to their H.

I’ve actually flown mine in a snow blizzard here in southwest Michigan on Lake Michigan with no problem not a down pour of rain but it was coming down enough to almost loose site at times.

Reply from the YouTube poster... I'll let everyone else make their own judgements...

==============================
Thank you for your email.

We work with a company called Ken-A-Vision to treat the aircraft. Are you interested having your aircraft water treated?

Kind Regards,

Jennifer

Probably this : CorrosionX

Requires taking the H apart and applying.

I have done this to my GoPro Hero4 which has been submerged, without the water proof case, in the ocean, twice. Still working great, though it looks like the walking dead.

I will eventually apply to the H, as I mostly fly around/over in saltwater bays and the ocean.

To be honest, I don't belive this H is seald or modified at all! It's just flying in the rain and then we don't know what happens. Fake news....

Reactions: Dr Delta
I've just looked at that video.
I noticed that it was showing compass issues if the rear LED is anything to go by.

My take (if anyone is interested): While the water treatment may protect the aircraft from the effects of a light shower of rain, I doubt very much if it would protect against heavy rain or immersion. To protect a UAV against heavy rain or immersion, it would need to be a physically sealed unit and the H480 shown in the video isn't.

Also, other posters in this thread have made perfectly valid points about the heat dissipation and about the battery contacts when changing the battery.

It is obvious to me that the aircraft shown in the video was beginning to show symptoms that would worry me if I were flying that aircraft (given the state of the LED).

Besides our government the biggest snoops are the companies who advertise. Google and Facebook at the top of the heap. Have you ever noticed that when you search for something that for a week or two afterwards you see ads for what you searched for? How do you think Facebook makes its billions? Both offer developers APIs so that they can make correlations on the data they collect about you that might stun you.

you know i a kidding right?

Yes, but there are so many people who are unaware of what's going on or who say "I've got nothing to hide" that it scares the $%^& out of me at times.

If you treat all electrical components with Corrosion-x heavy duty you will be able to run the H underwater, swim it to the surface and take off.
It is a premium aviation product, have a look at this

Reactions: AJan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital