Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Waypoint missions

Well that leaves out mapping and search and rescue where flying a pattern is needed. Guess I'll have to stick with APM and Pixhawk.

I have faith they'll incorporate that in the future. The CGOET thermal camera is coming along, I spoke with their customer service about it yesterday. I'd hope they would make some specific modes for SAR that work with the thermal camera. They probably won't include it for the general public though, adds a lot of room for liability for inexperienced users.

I hope so, I'll just use my other copters if I need pre-planned missions. I am sure this will develop to be an awesome aircraft, just hope they listen to the users.

I have been 100% Arducopter for nearly 3 years and have done the mission planning thing approaching 1000 flights. The problem is all DIY and I'm tired of hauling everything around, disconnect this, connect that, oops I forgot the xx. no 360 camera, etc. etc.

The H is for true video purists, which I haven't been and want to be. It is for experienced pilots who want a complete system with limited but useful flight modes, don't need or want to fly out for miles, and want a complete all-in-one GCS with a monitor built in, but not unnecessarily complicated.

And don't forget the Wizard! Maybe Yuneec will include full mission planning in the future, but if they don't it won't change my reasons for having the Typhoon H.

OTOH it can be flown by somewhat inexperienced pilots to learn how to be a good pilot first, rather than post videos of "I went 5 miles out; isn't this video of nothing cool?" but couldn't fly their way out of a trouble if their life depended on it. Also, the FAA will be cracking down on BLOS flying at some point.

I still have 5 AC powered copters and will continue flying them, experimenting and using the awesome FC system along with all the advanced peripherals. Absolutely the best most versatile FC system out there, but serves a different purpose for me.

my 2c

Reactions: rixcho and JoKa
Anyone know how many waypoints can be set? also, do we have an option to make it go fast (Rabbit Mode) or are we restricted to a slow speed when going from waypoint to waypoint?

..hope this is not true, but I thought I remembered only being able to set 8. ..can't wait to try again to confirm this thought...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio