Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What am I doing wrong--Flight Simulator (SOLVED with some great help!)

Reaction score
I rented the dongle from Yuneecskins (great company and John is wonderful!). I have downloaded and installed and bound my ST-16 to the dongle....as soon as I establish connection I have no response from the simulated Typhoon H, though I see the onscreen joysticks moving. Then after a few seconds I receive the message that OBS. Avoidance has failed. Why is this message app[earing and what can I do about it? Of course the simulation only works in demo mode and there are no controls.

I'd like to get this resolved, as the meter is running on the rental and I have gotten no use out of it!

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
I rented the dongle from Yuneecskins (great company and John is wonderful!). I have downloaded and installed and bound my ST-16 to the dongle....as soon as I establish connection I have no response from the simulated Typhoon H, though I see the onscreen joysticks moving. Then after a few seconds I receive the message that OBS. Avoidance has failed. Why is this message app[earing and what can I do about it? Of course the simulation only works in demo mode and there are no controls.

I'd like to get this resolved, as the meter is running on the rental and I have gotten no use out of it!

Thanks in advance!
The only good news is sort of bad news.
I haven't used the simulator much, and not at all in a very long time. So, I got it all bound up, on screen, and then, pretty much nothing. It is doing similar to what you describe. I can move sticks and see the on-screen controller sticks move. I can start and stop motors and see the propellors start/stop. I can change flight mode and see the LED on the back of the TH change color. But it will not lift off. And I periodically get the "OBS Avoidance has failed".
So, I can't help much right now. But at least I have the same problem and can try to find a solution. And wanted you to know someone is at least trying to help.

... wanted you to know someone is at least trying to help.
Update: Success. At least on this one.
In my case, it was the rate slider on the right-hand side of the controller. With the slider at the bottom (rabbit mode), there was NO response to the sticks. With slider up, everything works fine. I was still getting OBS warnings until I turned OBS off on the ST16. I think I got the warning at least one more time but have not seen it in the last couple of minutes. Either way, you can clear the warning each time by tapping the "return key" at the lower right corner of the display.

If moving your slider up does not change anything, you need to check the slider response on the controllers Hardware Monitor. If you need help with that, let us know.

Thanks in advance!
UPDATE: I tried it once more, and learned that the program just acts delayed.and I could just ignore the message about obstacle avoidance
So it sould help a lot. good at illustrating how much cotrol force is necessar and how to keep up with the drone
The only good news is sort of bad news.
I haven't used the simulator much, and not at all in a very long time. So, I got it all bound up, on screen, and then, pretty much nothing. It is doing similar to what you describe. I can move sticks and see the on-screen controller sticks move. I can start and stop motors and see the propellors start/stop. I can change flight mode and see the LED on the back of the TH change color. But it will not lift off. And I periodically get the "OBS Avoidance has failed".
So, I can't help much right now. But at least I have the same problem and can try to find a solution. And wanted you to know someone is at least trying to help.
Thank you, sir! I did get mine to work properly, despite the warning about Obstacle avoidance not working (It does not give me that message at al when running the actual H.) The only thing I found is that it doesn't respond too quickly when starting the props. When I start the simulation, the props are already turning and a decent amount of throttle gets it off the ground
it flies very nicely, and the Home mode works. none of the other flight modes seem to work though
perhaps when it is in the air first, it will let me change modes

Reactions: WTFDproject
....The only thing I found is that it doesn't respond too quickly when starting the props.
There is a 3 second time delay to match the time delay of the actual drone/controller system. It is present for both start and stop presses. The intent is to provide a few seconds to correct if you press the button by mistake.

If you go into settings on your ST16 and turn off RealSense the OBS fail should stop appearing.

Seems that was an issue I had a couple years ago with mine.

Reactions: WTFDproject
If you go into settings on your ST16 and turn off RealSense the OBS fail should stop appearing.

Seems that was an issue I had a couple years ago with mine.
That is very helpful, thugh when I tried that and turned off RealSense, I didn't stop receiving that OBS message....it is still there off and on and goes away when I touch the screen. I do not receive this message from my Typhoon H. I wish some of the other flight modes worked so that I can try them, but I guess without real GPS data or a map plus being in a location that is fixed, they wouldn't make much difference. it is useful to practice these movements manually anyhow

Reactions: TAWM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook