Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What batteries to buy for typhoon h

Reaction score
That was wondering if someone could tell me what would be a good aftermarket battery to buy for my typhoon h I need to get a couple of extra. Can anyone recommend any off of eBay or Amazon thanks

I am helping him out ! But the answer is entirely dependent on where in the world you live, and OP doesn't say, so I have to ask ! Like you, he hasn't filled in the location part of his profile...

OK I THOUGHT YOU WERE FUNNING WITH HIM - - SORRY
I AM IN OHIO
KEITH KUHN

Excellent we all know where we are :) Ok, well I'm from the UK, so my experience is mainly there, and buying in Europe, but I hear positive things about Ultrax and Morpilot (and have one of those myself with which I am 70% pleased), and only bad things about the GiFi packs on Amazon. People from the US can obviously advise further...
In all cases, write to the seller and ask what the manufacture date stamp on the batteries is, and don't buy anything over 2 years old.

Or just pay up and look good and buy Yuneec originals, from Yuneec - they have the best reputation of any batteries for that device, certainly in terms of reliability and non-failure if not in flight times, not that the Yuneec's suffer much in that regard...

Last edited:
Ok Thank you very.much ! I have seen a few sellers that are selling them battery,but like you said the date is a big thing..... I would not have thought of that cause didnt.really know how long the shelf life was good for. I really Thank You for the fast reply

Reactions: AeroJ
That's fine, but you don't have to YELL, we're right here! o_O
Kindly turn your Capslock off please.?
He's got eyeball problems and it's hard for him to read normal text. I said the same thing about it awhile back and he set me straight. When people respond with all caps he can read it easier.

That's a very simple fix! Press CTRL and tap "+" until the text is big enough to read.
Hmm....never thought about that. Ya here that Keith?

He's got eyeball problems and it's hard for him to read normal text. I said the same thing about it awhile back and he set me straight. When people respond with all caps he can read it easier.
Thank you I do macular degeneration

I just bought two more Gifi batteries from Carolin Dronz, after trying one. I'm very pleased with them after three flights with all three. CD also had a very good price for them and outstanding quick delivery. FYI

Reactions: Agent Smith
I just bought two more Gifi batteries from Carolin Dronz, after trying one. I'm very pleased with them after three flights with all three. CD also had a very good price for them and outstanding quick delivery. FYI
Cool
I don't need any now, but I will look
Into them one day.
Thanks

Excellent we all know where we are :) Ok, well I'm from the UK, so my experience is mainly there, and buying in Europe, but I hear positive things about Ultrax and Morpilot (and have one of those myself with which I am 70% pleased), and only bad things about the GiFi packs on Amazon. People from the US can obviously advise further...
In all cases, write to the seller and ask what the manufacture date stamp on the batteries is, and don't buy anything over 2 years old.

Or just pay up and look good and buy Yuneec originals, from Yuneec - they have the best reputation of any batteries for that device, certainly in terms of reliability and non-failure if not in flight times, not that the Yuneec's suffer much in that regard...

Thanks for the pointer to Ultrax & Morpilot. Have you had any trouble getting Yuneec original batteries in UK at the moment. Seems to be a big wait for an order to come in at Yuneec UK.

Seems to be a big wait for an order to come in at Yuneec UK.

No, quite the opposite - after a few years of 'difficulties' I had read they were all sorted now :) But things may have changed again. I haven't bought any Yuneec originals since the 2 that came with the H Pro - they are still going strong a year later. But i try and keep up with what packs are where so when I do need them I know where to go...

The Morpilot I bought started off terribly, and I thought it was awful - voltage would drop from 16.8 to 15.2 very shortly after takeoff, but I kept going with it, and now it does actually give roughly the same flight times as the other 2 Yuneec packs, even though their voltages don't drop so dramatically on launch.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
The Morpilot I bought started off terribly, and I thought it was awful - voltage would drop from 16.8 to 15.2 very shortly after takeoff, but I kept going with it, and now it does actually give roughly the same flight times as the other 2 Yuneec packs, even though their voltages don't drop so dramatically on launch.

Where did you get the Morpilot from, I have googled and found nothing in UK?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33