Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What did they miss in the new firmware

Reaction score
I for one am very pleased with the latest firmware release. Yuneec made some major improvements.
What I would like to know is what you think they left out, or still need to fix.
My list:
1) Bigger battery meter for the H. I would not mind seeing this across the entire top of the screen. With percentage of flight time remaining.
2) User sets battery warning levels. For me when out over Lake Huron I would like my warning at a higher level than it is now.
3) Low battery warning that does not cover the screen the way it does now.
The vibration will get your attention.
4) Move the GPS on/off to the unused AUX button. Much easier to get to and faster to activate if you are in panic mode.
5) RTH on loss of control signal from ST-16. Right now it appears the H will return to the last known location of the St-16, and hover at the RTH height you set. At some point when the battery gets low enough it will attempt to land.
I am still testing this one, but would prefer to see it fly back to the last location, then descend to 5-6 feet (2 meters). At this height most of us could hand grab it.

5) RTH on loss of control signal from ST-16. Right now it appears the H will return to the last known location of the St-16, and hover at the RTH height you set. At some point when the battery gets low enough it will attempt to land.
I am still testing this one, but would prefer to see it fly back to the last location, then descend to 5-6 feet (2 meters). At this height most of us could hand grab it.

Good proposals, Bob. Seems to be a lot of different opinions about RTH, probably based on real or projected experiences.

"Last location" is where? Last known? What if there are trees or something there? Hover at a safe height gives you a visual opportunity to find it and take manual (Angle) control. Might be better for it to return to original takeoff point, but I guess that depends. maybe there's no single answer that is ideal for all possibilities.

Ray,
Problem is when you loose radio control ST-16 dies. You have no choice but to wait for the H to land. Unless you have a spare battery for the ST-16.

Reactions: Dariusmixich
Ray,
Problem is when you loose radio control ST-16 dies. You have no choice but to wait for the H to land. Unless you have a spare battery for the ST-16.

OK, mine has always regained control as it comes back, but if the ST-16 is damaged or battery run out, so true. Lots of varying points of view. Which is good.

6) Allow user to change the up/down gimbal/camera control of the stick without changing the forward/back control of the craft.

Currently, without changing the forward/back control of the craft, the gimbal/camera tilts up when pressing the stick forward and tilts down when pulling the stick back.

Most people that I know that fly RC planes are use to the plane going down when the stick is pressed forward and the plane going up when the stick is pulled back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, mine has always regained control as it comes back, but if the ST-16 is damaged or battery run out, so true. Lots of varying points of view. Which is good.

On someone's I suggestion bought a Ravpower 16750mAh USB powerpack for easy ST16 charging when on the road. This unit is always with me as a ST16 power backup. Cheaper than another ST16 battery and more useful.

4) Move the GPS on/off to the unused AUX button. Much easier to get to and faster to activate if you are in panic mode.

Seems Yuneec takes loss of GPS pretty "seriously"….. I dislike that a warning message blocks the screen when it happens and one can't see anything onscreen until you clear it out. Perhaps the GPS toggle is purposely deeper then a physical switch so more basic users don't turn it off by mistake and lose control?

Last edited:
Reactions: D See Ker
Maybe they could make it so you would have to press the button for 2 seconds before it would turn off the GPS. Most likely, an accidental press of the button wouldn't last for 2 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8) a button to remove telemetry, rec information and messages on HDMI output
9) a small alert for lost gps or low battery level (boring and creapy to have it in the midfle of the screen and hidding the screen)
10) a 1/3 - 2/3 grid on screen to manage good shot
11) a button to modify horizon of the camera in the air

I too think the AUX button would be great for GPS on/off control, but I think what might be better in the sense that it could save a few crashes would be to use it as an exit button from the smart modes, if someone has a map made ccc route thats swinging out further than expected, or a journey mode thats going lower than planned, it would be a lot quicker than finding the soft exit button on the screen...
May it could be used for both, as GPS will be on in any smart mode...double press to turn off GPS single press to turn it back on, and in smart modes a single press to exit the mode..

Last edited:
Reactions: Abby Harts
One thing I wish they would have done. The left trim where you can adjust the white balance and the exposure value. It would have been nice if they had done it so you could change the shutter speed when in manual mode. Still hopefuly the next update may do that.

Reactions: banned user
Good proposals, Bob. Seems to be a lot of different opinions about RTH, probably based on real or projected experiences.

"Last location" is where? Last known? What if there are trees or something there? Hover at a safe height gives you a visual opportunity to find it and take manual (Angle) control. Might be better for it to return to original takeoff point, but I guess that depends. maybe there's no single answer that is ideal for all possibilities.
I would prefer a recorded takeoff point, that way your are in control of where it would be when/if the ST-16 ran out of batterie etc.

Most important feature for me would be for the camera to continue recording even on wifi disconnect. it's very idiotic that it would stop recording because of a signal loss, make it very unreliable for professional settings.

Seems Yuneec takes loss of GPS pretty "seriously"….. I dislike that a warning message blocks the screen when it happens and one can't see anything onscreen until you clear it out. Perhaps the GPS toggle is purposely deeper then a physical switch so more basic users don't turn it off by mistake and lose control?

that's pretty bad ui. instead of having this massive popup blocking the entire screen they could concentrate all this messages on an android type bar or web like notifications

notifications.png

I would really like more indicators like a climb-rate arrow with values so I can see how fast I'm going up or down (really crucial for steady shots)

also, I don't know what this one is called (I remember from a PS3 game, print below), but its great for having an instant understanding of speed/direction even with the camera in global mode pointing at a different direction.
basically the angle of the line between these two dots is the direction you're flying in and the distance between the two dots (the line length) is how fast you're going.
if the line was horizontal it means you're flying sideways, if there's no line, just a dot, you're hovering.

upload_2016-9-2_23-42-11.png

then descend to 5-6 feet (2 meters). At this height most of us could hand grab it

They couldn't do that for fear of injuring someone. The rest I am 100% with and the suggestions of a grid for rule of thirds is a good idea.

The rest for me are:-

- Fix the EXIF Data as for some reason they're setting Date / Time Original as a month behind so Lightroom is putting images taken today into the folder for 2nd of August;
- Fix the white balance;
- Allow for different metering modes including meter for the point you select on the ST-16 screen.

it would be nice to have the files for stills and video be continuous instead of resetting each time, I rename each video/still file after downloading to PC but it's a pain/hassle.

I'm amazed at some of you. This is real life and there is no reset button if you crash. The TH is already almost self flying. You can autotake off, raise the H to however many meters highth push the D pad to fly out in auto, RTH and it will land it self. What more do you want?

Reactions: Ddraiggoch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval