Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What happened to the FAA?

Reaction score
I understand that the COVID-19 is a serious issue worldwide. But, has anyone else noticed that the FAA has not mentioned anything new about Remote ID?

I understand that the COVID-19 is a serious issue worldwide. But, has anyone else noticed that the FAA has not mentioned anything new about Remote ID?
The comment period is over, so they are now sitting back laughing their backsides off knowing they are going to end recreational and small business drone operations in 3 years. We could all empty our bank accounts and sell off all of our assets to throw at fighting this, but it would be a drop in the ocean compared to the money driving this legislation/regulation. Enjoy while you can, then go underground and enjoy it some more.

The comment period is over, so they are now sitting back laughing their backsides off knowing they are going to end recreational and small business drone operations in 3 years. We could all empty our bank accounts and sell off all of our assets to throw at fighting this, but it would be a drop in the ocean compared to the money driving this legislation/regulation. Enjoy while you can, then go underground and enjoy it some more.
Doom,
Do you think it will really come to that. Or will there be some type of concessions made.

I’m no soothsayer, but without our happy hind ends out of low altitude airspace, the big boys can’t play the way they want to.

I’ll also predict that their will be drones taking the place of LEO personnel in surveillance roles. Queue Sarah Connors!

I’m no soothsayer, but without our happy hind ends out of low altitude airspace, the big boys can’t play the way they want to.

I’ll also predict that their will be drones taking the place of LEO personnel in surveillance roles. Queue Sarah Connors!

Will be is not a question. It has already happened in two California cities, with the military flying heavier iron over an east coast metro area. It’s been going on in CA for a couple years and the east coast location for about a year.

Doom,
Do you think it will really come to that. Or will there be some type of concessions made.
All you need to do is keep watching what they are doing here. They have been slowly shrinking everything for us and changing it with each revision to phase us out. The US has been looking at what we do.

Will be is not a question. It has already happened in two California cities, with the military flying heavier iron over an east coast metro area. It’s been going on in CA for a couple years and the east coast location for about a year.
Does that explain Manhattan being a huge NFZ?

Reactions: madladvideo
Remember they had drones way before we did.... So no there not going away, but will be so controlled with no fly laws and expensive permits so they can say when and where and how much you pay to play....

We just need to remove the lights and find quieter props....lol:)

Reactions: PatR and thoneter
Here was my suggestion in my comments to the FAA. We (Small UAV/Drone Pilots) have a 400' ceiling. Commercial (Manned Aircraft) must stay above 500', except take off and landing. That leaves 100' (Between 400' - 500') for companies like Amazon, FedEx, UPS, Domino's Pizza and every company owned UAV to fly in.

Here was my suggestion in my comments to the FAA. We (Small UAV/Drone Pilots) have a 400' ceiling. Commercial (Manned Aircraft) must stay above 500', except take off and landing. That leaves 100' (Between 400' - 500') for companies like Amazon, FedEx, UPS, Domino's Pizza and every company owned UAV to fly in.

Not sure about the rest of you all, But I get a slight cold sweat feeling the further my drones get from me... weather its up in height or away from me... Of course all my exp with the birds is purely recreational, so I've never had the need to go that high or want, I like my investments way too much :). So from my perspective I would ask why you would have any desire to get these machines up any higher than 400'?

And they won't for something around a year to maybe 2 years. They are required by law to review, categorize, and respond to all the comments they received. Then they need to fire up the sausage factory again, and either run a modified rule through it or leave it as is. That will take some more time. So don't hold your breath waiting on anything out of the FAA on RID any time soon.

Not sure about the rest of you all, But I get a slight cold sweat feeling the further my drones get from me... weather its up in height or away from me... Of course all my exp with the birds is purely recreational, so I've never had the need to go that high or want, I like my investments way too much :). So from my perspective I would ask why you would have any desire to get these machines up any higher than 400'?
The vast majority in this forum have no problem with the 400’AGL and have abided by it so far. We also have no problem with VLOS. The H480/H+/H520 can be seen by most at 1800 feet out and be able to determine orientation with a few stick movements. What is going to be the big bite in the shorts is being restricted to a FRIA to fly and be on a 400’ leash. These are videography platforms not 250 gram FPV puke machines. I love watching my son fly his, but the recorded video is vertigo inducing.

Reactions: thoneter
Ronald Reagan said it best "I'm here from the government and we're here to help" believed no one.

The FAA/govt has never had a tragedy or issue that it can't tax or create more rules to control us.

However, the Guardian checked with the Cabinet Office, which is overseeing restrictions on movement, and a spokeswoman confirmed that the guidelines did not prohibit driving somewhere for exercise or dog walking.
It's all very vague and contradictary, it is still confusing for people working at the moment.
That post was from Derbyshire Police who seem quite pro active, certain areas of the country it's very low profile. Especially rural, haven't seen a police car yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech