Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is my problem?

Reaction score
Shooting video with brand new H Plus, video is shaking and choppy. Shooting in 1080 30 fps. Some of the footage is good, some horrible! Shooting in open area, across water. Fresh batteries, less than 700 ft away. Both on the st16s and my computer. What am i doing wrong?

Last edited:
Normally, when we see the phrase 'choppy video' we would assume you were trying to record / play back / edit 4K video on a card that isn't up to it. But as you are shooting at 1080, and you also used the word 'shaky', I suspect the first place to look would be the camera gimbal mountings. Are they secured / seated properly at both ends ? I don't have the plus myself, so hopefully someone who does will be along to fill you in on what else to check about those... but I have read about problems with the gel filling causing issues like this...

Brand new H Plus? Okay. As AeroJ points out, the word 'shaky' tends to mean that there is shake in the camera induced by the gimbal or other vibrations. Can you boot up the aircraft sitting on a table and see if there is any noticeable movement or do you here a buzzing sound at the gimbal; not to be confused with the fan on the RealSense Module? When you say brand new I take it this is the first time you have shot and viewed video from the Plus. Can you view other 1080 video on your computer without lags and choppiness if so we can rule out playback issues owed to insufficient equipment.

Next I would ask what type of SD card are you using? The Plus needs a very good SD Card U3 V30 or higher. An insufficient card will not be able to keep up with the C23's writing speeds and even though you shot on 1080 30FPS I would still make sure I had the best card I can get.

Just started using the H plus, shot other videos in 4k and my computer could not handle that, and it was choppy and shaking. In the 720 version on the remote st16s still shaking.
Video is the same on the st16s and my computer.
sandisk 32gb extreme pro a1 u3
I'll shoot the video on the table next.

Okay as @AeroJ suggested, look at the gimbal base, specifically at the four rubber dampeners. Do they all look the same and is the camera/gimbal base hung evenly around all four sides? If a dampener has come loose it could cause shaking. So there is no buzzing from the gimbal? Thats good. On the table again, boot up, start a video clip then pick up the plus and walk around a bit pitching the aircraft a little. Does that video have the shakes?

The rear two dont look round like the front two, they look like they are being squeezed from front to back.

Would distance be the problem?

Can you post a picture? The dampeners of the C23 do stretch a little and because they are gel filled, they pinch in a little when stretched. But they should allow the base of the mount and the top of the gimbal to be parallel.

They are not are tight as the picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 51
Is that your video on Facebook? What were the props and dampers like, did the props need balancing?

how about something simple.

try moving the speed control on back of controller to the turtle setting, having control closer to the rabbit makes movement jerky.

Most people fly at rabbit, it's certainly recommended by numerous pilots, it gives a faster responsive flight than turtle, have read numerous accidents in turtle speed not being able to take action to avoid an obstacle quick enough. It's worth practicing in rabbit as much as possible, and understanding the joystick and pressure applied to them.

my suggestion was not intent on using the turtle setting for normal drone operation it was only suggested to see if slowing down the controls would make the problem lessen.

I have reached 72 years old with the motto keep it simple . it's always best to weed out the simple before getting into the technical; end.

Reactions: Jimmie
my suggestion was not intent on using the turtle setting for normal drone operation it was only suggested to see if slowing down the controls would make the problem lessen.

I have reached 72 years old with the motto keep it simple . it's always best to weed out the simple before getting into the technical; end.
Don't know if saw the video he posted, it was a little heavy on the sticks, not wishing any criticisms on original poster.

Shaking is not going to be attributed to the rate slider I can just about promise you. There are hundreds, if not thousands of videos from Typhoons being flown very aggressively with very little finesse ;) - and while those video may not look good, there is no shaking. Not like what some Plus owners are experiencing.

For those that do not own a Typhoon H Plus - there is a back story you may be unaware of. The majority of updates since this past summer have attempted to deal with buzzing gimbals and or shaking video. In these cases, the camera starts to shake as if the gimbal is over-correcting very rapidly. It is not something found on Typhoon H which has a completely different gimbal and camera. The shaking that can occur to the Typhoon H Plus can be random and we're trying to nail these cases down so as to understand why it is happening.

Now in this instance, we have seen that when sitting still (motors off) there is no problem with the video. I have asked for a second test (also motors off) to eliminate the probability that this particular case is one of the ones I referenced. If the OP's aircraft shoots video fine sitting still and when being moved around by hand tilting and moving the craft as if in flight we will down to the last couple of scenarios which; may be (but not likely) excessive vibration from the props motor/s or both OR it needs the firmware updated.

My guess is that this is likely in the software and the OP may find that doing a simple Firmware update cures the problem.

Reactions: Prince R Harden
Shaking is not going to be attributed to the rate slider I can just about promise you. There are hundreds, if not thousands of videos from Typhoons being flown very aggressively with very little finesse ;) - and while those video may not look good, there is no shaking. Not like what some Plus owners are experiencing.

For those that do not own a Typhoon H Plus - there is a back story you may be unaware of. The majority of updates since this past summer have attempted to deal with buzzing gimbals and or shaking video. In these cases, the camera starts to shake as if the gimbal is over-correcting very rapidly. It is not something found on Typhoon H which has a completely different gimbal and camera. The shaking that can occur to the Typhoon H Plus can be random and we're trying to nail these cases down so as to understand why it is happening.

Now in this instance, we have seen that when sitting still (motors off) there is no problem with the video. I have asked for a second test (also motors off) to eliminate the probability that this particular case is one of the ones I referenced. If the OP's aircraft shoots video fine sitting still and when being moved around by hand tilting and moving the craft as if in flight we will down to the last couple of scenarios which; may be (but not likely) excessive vibration from the props motor/s or both OR it needs the firmware updated.

My guess is that this is likely in the software and the OP may find that doing a simple Firmware update cures the problem.
Yes the buzzing gimbal, the shake Ive noticed in videos, my only concern was not to rely on turtle as a solution to get off the ground quick, you need to get up there quickly.

I have well over 4,500 minutes of flight on my H, 98% of the time I take off in turtle mode.
The only time a slightly rabbit mode if it's windy, and if wind is also an issue with landing, I'll hand catch.

I have well over 4,500 minutes of flight on my H, 98% of the time I take off in turtle mode.
The only time a slightly rabbit mode if it's windy, and if wind is also an issue with landing, I'll hand catch.
I think I first saw it on a Captain drone video and it stuck ever since.

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold