Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is my problem?

Shaking is not going to be attributed to the rate slider I can just about promise you. There are hundreds, if not thousands of videos from Typhoons being flown very aggressively with very little finesse ;) - and while those video may not look good, there is no shaking. Not like what some Plus owners are experiencing.

For those that do not own a Typhoon H Plus - there is a back story you may be unaware of. The majority of updates since this past summer have attempted to deal with buzzing gimbals and or shaking video. In these cases, the camera starts to shake as if the gimbal is over-correcting very rapidly. It is not something found on Typhoon H which has a completely different gimbal and camera. The shaking that can occur to the Typhoon H Plus can be random and we're trying to nail these cases down so as to understand why it is happening.

Now in this instance, we have seen that when sitting still (motors off) there is no problem with the video. I have asked for a second test (also motors off) to eliminate the probability that this particular case is one of the ones I referenced. If the OP's aircraft shoots video fine sitting still and when being moved around by hand tilting and moving the craft as if in flight we will down to the last couple of scenarios which; may be (but not likely) excessive vibration from the props motor/s or both OR it needs the firmware updated.

My guess is that this is likely in the software and the OP may find that doing a simple Firmware update cures the problem.
This is my problem. What should I do? I have the newest firmware update!

Last edited:
Okay read this and see if you can answer these questions one at a time. What we are trying to do is isolate what is causing the shake.

What is your firmware version? Have you updated?

So far you have tested on the ground motors off and no shake in that video right?

Okay good, now, boot up the Plus, start a video and pick the Plus up and walk around tilting and pitching the aircraft as if in flight (we want to see if the gimbal motors are operating properly) do this motors off.

If at that point the video recording is fine, then do a 'motors on' test - place the Plus outdoors booted up. Start a video (motors off), let it record for ten seconds then start the motors and let it idle - do not lift off. Check the video, any shake? If not proceed to repeat the above but lift off and hover for a couple seconds. Land and check video.

Okay read this and see if you can answer these questions one at a time. What we are trying to do is isolate what is causing the shake.

What is your firmware version? Have you updated?

So far you have tested on the ground motors off and no shake in that video right?

Okay good, now, boot up the Plus, start a video and pick the Plus up and walk around tilting and pitching the aircraft as if in flight (we want to see if the gimbal motors are operating properly) do this motors off.

If at that point the video recording is fine, then do a 'motors on' test - place the Plus outdoors booted up. Start a video (motors off), let it record for ten seconds then start the motors and let it idle - do not lift off. Check the video, any shake? If not proceed to repeat the above but lift off and hover for a couple seconds. Land and check video.
firmware version build 784-20181122
yes I have updated
plus sitting still on table no props - no issues
plus picked up moving around no props- no issues
plus sitting on table with props moving - no issues
plus hovering in place 5 ft off ground - we got shaking
all props seem tight
Changed out to a whole new set of props and still shaking
and thank you in advance for your help

What is the problem

Reactions: Ty Pilot
firmware version build 784-20181122
yes I have updated
plus sitting still on table no props - no issues
plus picked up moving around no props- no issues
plus sitting on table with props moving - no issues
plus hovering in place 5 ft off ground - we got shaking
all props seem tight
Changed out to a whole new set of props and still shaking
and thank you in advance for your help

What is the problem

Okay, so it is happening in flight only. This would typically indicate that there is some sort of vibration. Any chance you could post a video?

This is all good to hear. I purchased the h+ in December and have about 20 flights under my belt. The video has had shaking issues since it was new. The cards I’m using are plenty fast. Recently I have noticed as I play back the videos that when the camera is pointing down or below horizon image is stable and beautiful. When the camera is brought up to level with the horizon it shakes. Have not flown for a while as temps have been bitter cold here so haven’t done any firmware updates for at least a month. Do you guys think that the updates might fix the problem?

Yes, thank you, I’ll give those things a try...
This forum has been a lifesaver for me. Seems that every issue I have had to deal with has already been dealt with here....
THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Reactions: AH-1G and Ty Pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba