Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is the best charger for the money?

Can't go wrong with an iCharger.

Thanks for the advice but there are dozens of iCharger models there. I would not know where to start. Unsure which one I should be looking at. The main ones seem to cost over $200.

I think the X2 will do unless someone tells me it is complete crap. i:)i
I like the price and it seems fairly complete.

Okay I am ready to order the X2 but what else will I need?

The needed accessories page lists a bunch of things. i:)i
TowerHobbies.com | Hitec X2 AC Plus 2 Port AC/DC Multi-Charger

I have never owned a charger like this but I am not new to tech. I am just unsure what cables come with the X2 and which ones I need ASIDE from one to connect to the H battery, I understand that is a separate issue.

What cables do I need to get from the charge TO an H connector?

I will grab the wi-fi module to make it easier to connect to the PC, no big deal there.

Will the temperature sensors work with the X2? I assume it will but want to make sure.
I would not mind putting one on each battery if I am charging

I am going to order some random connectors just to have but I need to know what is required.
I would get the DC cables just in case you want to charge off your car battery in the field you never know.

Put your email in the notify slot and he'll contact you, he also post on a thread he has on this site as well.

Done. He has the best price I have ever seen on an H connector. Some other guys want $50 or more, that is just crazy for a connector. I mean it is just a connector!!
I understand that 3D printing is effort etc... but $50 is crazy.

As long as it holds up for awhile, at least until an official one comes out, I will be happy. I want 2 of the kit version.

Can you send me a link to the thread is is posting in you mentioned?
Thanks for the info man.

Thanks for the advice but there are dozens of iCharger models there. I would not know where to start. Unsure which one I should be looking at. The main ones seem to cost over $200.

I think the X2 will do unless someone tells me it is complete crap. i:)i
I like the price and it seems fairly complete.

iCharger 106B+ 250W 10A 6S Balance Charger

250w vs 80w (included in X2.....won't be any faster than stock H charger). Small, reliable, well respected, runs off car battery. An old pc psu works fine to power it as well.

Someone can correct me if wrong on the psu of the X2. 80w true psu won't be any better than stock Yuneec.

I have 206B; overkill for single unit charging on medium sized batteries, but have been using it for the last 3 years. Fits inside my backpack.

Not cutting down the X2, just giving options for a unit that lacks the bells and whistles but is rock solid.

I hate cell phones.

Last edited:
iCharger 106B+ 250W 10A 6S Balance Charger

250w vs 80w. Small, reliable, well respected, runs off car battery. An old pc psu works fine to power it as well.

I have 206B; overkill for single unit charging, but have been using it for the last 3 years. Fits inside my backpack.

You have to use a seperate PS and that only charges one battery.. I will have 4 batteries so want a charger that can handle two so I will just have to charge or discharge two sets. I am lazy! i:)i

Done. He has the best price I have ever seen on an H connector. Some other guys want $50 or more, that is just crazy for a connector. I mean it is just a connector!!
I understand that 3D printing is effort etc... but $50 is crazy.

As long as it holds up for awhile, at least until an official one comes out, I will be happy. I want 2 of the kit version.

Can you send me a link to the thread is is posting in you mentioned?
Thanks for the info man.

Here you go.

Battery Charging Plug

Paladin,
Only issue with the Hitec x2 is that when plugged into the wall, I can only charge at 3 amps IF I have 2 batteries connected.
When I use my DC power supply I can do 2 batteries at the same time with a 6 amp charge rate.
The H batteries could probably be safely charged at a higher rate, but I am not going to push it.
I also bought the external temperature probes, I keep them set about 3 degrees above room temp, the charger will stop charging if the temp exceeds the set point.
I just use electrical tape to hook them to the batteries for now.

Ultra Power UP300AC Touch 300W LiIo/LiPo/LiFe/NiMH/NiCD Battery Touch Screen Charger/Discharger

Amazon.com: Ultra Power UP300AC Touch 300W LiIo/LiPo/LiFe/NiMH/NiCD Battery Touch Screen Charger/Discharger: Toys & Games

I have been using this bad boy charger I got through Amazon.
Power to spare all in one unit, I can charge an H battery in less than 30 minutes but usually keep it down to 1 hour.

But that only charges 1 battery. I really want one that can handle two at a time if possible. I will have 4 batteries so want to charge, and the main reason, DISCHARGE, two at a time. Just think it will be easier to do two sets instead of 4 one at a time.

Last edited:
Hey are the temp probs standard as far as their connectors?

But that only charges 1 battery. I really want one that can handle two at a time if possible. I will have 4 batteries so want to charge, and the main reason, DISCHARGE, two at a time. Just think it will be easier to o two sets instead of 4 one at a time.

I understand, twin charger would be easier but not necessarily faster.
I just wanted something fast when I needed it, especially in the field.
When I am home I'm not in that big of a hurry.

As far as temperature they don't even get warm charging then up in 30 minutes.

I understand, twin charger would be easier but not necessarily faster.
I just wanted something fast when I needed it, especially in the field.
When I am home I'm not in that big of a hurry.

As far as temperature they don't even get warm charging then up in 30 minutes.

It is faster for me when I want to do two at a time. I want to always charge and discharge them in pairs. So doing them in pairs requires me to go through two cycles instead of 4 so yeah, that is faster. Or at least much easier when I am busy. i:)i

Last edited:
You have to use a seperate PS and that only charges one battery.. I will have 4 batteries so want a charger that can handle two so I will just have to charge or discharge two sets. I am lazy! i:)i
Yes, I use a 500w psu from a junk pc. Or I can use a car battery while in the field. No I am not limited to charging one battery. 100w (80w is likely real after inefficiency added) won't charge much faster than the stock Yuneec charger.

Looking at the specs, it's worse than I thought:
u5Yu4xf.png

Remember, those are the maximum outputs.

With the included psu, that's 100w total, or <50w per battery. Better off to buy a Yuneec charger. Many chargers with integrated psu are cheap quality, and are required to run at full duty cycle which wears them out quickly (they will get HOT). Always go with bigger psu than is required; I use 50% higher as a rule of thumb.

Regardless, you still need adapters for the Yuneec batteries.

Read this and maybe it will help. There's a reason why there are $50 chargers and $300 chargers, that don't include a psu. Each serves a purpose.
Charger and PSU calculator

As with most things, be careful, you get what you pay for. I'm not trying to convince you to buy an iCharger (the 106b is marginal), just that if you want to charge these H batteries at 1c and 2p, it's better and safer to bite the bullet and buy a higher capacity setup.

What are those specs for???

The latest one I am "probably going to get" is the UP120AC. Its specs are:

AC Input voltage AC 100V-120V OR 220V-240V
DC Input voltage DC 11.0-18.0V
Charge current 0.1-12.0A
Discharge current 0.1-5.0A
Charge power max 120W ea channel
Discharge power max 10W Each Port
Balance current max 300mA/cell
Lithium cell count 1-6 (S)eries
NiCd/NiMH cell count 1-15
Lithium types Li-Po, Li-HV, Li-ion, Li-Fe
Pb voltage
2-20V (1-10 cells)
mAh Capacity 100-50000mAh

I have not found a better one for the money so far. I am still looking though.
As long as it can charge two H batteries at at least 5 amps I will be happy. i:)i

I still need to look into the specs to know for sure but if I have to use a PC power supply, that is not an issue, I know how to do that and I have a few around already. I work in IT.

If I have to go that route though I may look into just a controller with the most functions etc...

As I said I am still looking.

Last edited:
Okay I am ready to order the X2 but what else will I need?

The needed accessories page lists a bunch of things. i:)i
TowerHobbies.com | Hitec X2 AC Plus 2 Port AC/DC Multi-Charger

I have never owned a charger like this but I am not new to tech. I am just unsure what cables come with the X2 and which ones I need ASIDE from one to connect to the H battery, I understand that is a separate issue.

What cables do I need to get from the charge TO an H connector?

I will grab the wi-fi module to make it easier to connect to the PC, no big deal there.

Will the temperature sensors work with the X2? I assume it will but want to make sure.
I would not mind putting one on each battery if I am charging

I am going to order some random connectors just to have but I need to know what is required.
If you are going to use the adapter that is listed you shouldnt need any cables. The X2 has two connections that are banana plugs and the adapters use banana plugs.
Only thing I would be curious about is the charger is only 10amp total output. If you plan to charge two batteries at a time then you can only charge at 5amps each which I believe is less than 1C. Your charge times probably wont be much better than the standard charger, I could be wrong as I see quite a few using this charger but something you should verify.
I use the passport dynamite 220w 15amp and I can charge four of the Q500 4K batteries at one time. When I charge an H battery at 6amp it takes approx 54 minutes.

Only thing I would be curious about is the charger is only 10amp total output. If you plan to charge two batteries at a time then you can only charge at 5amps each which I believe is less than 1C.

Yeah because of that I moved on from the X2 and am looking at the UP120AC but I don't think I will charge two H batteries either. Well I know it won't.

So now I gave in and realize I need to just have a brain and I will use an external PC power supply to charge if i want to do two at a time. I am unsure what I need.

The main thing is the ability to take any batteries I don't use or ones that need a bit of charge and get them to storage level two at a time. That is my main goal.

What is weird to me is PC power supplies are really cheap so why is it so hard to get an all in one solution for under $200 if the brains an built in PS can be had for under $150. Just use a beefier PS and you could be done.

I understand that the X2 can use an external power source so I may reconsider doing it that way. I can also do this on the UP120AC so now it comes down to the brain/controller and which offers the best interface/controls etc....

Sorry I know thing keep changing between posts but I am still looking into it as I make time to do so.

This is what researching is all about I suppose. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval