Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is the best charger for the money?

Now I am looking at this one since it has a beefier built in power supply. I should be able to charge both of the H batteries without needing another PS.

Amazon.com: UP120AC Duo Dual 2 Port (2x 12Amps, 2x 120Watts, 240Watts Total): LiPo, LiHV, LiIon, LiFe, NiCd, NiMh, Pb AC/DC Balancing Battery Multi-Chemistry Multicharger with 300Watt Power Supply: Toys & Games

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

That's the one I went with. I haven't had a chance to use it because I'm still waiting on the charge adapters. The price seems reasonable and you can get up to 12A per channel. I have 6 batteries so the ability to charge faster was appealing to me.

That's the one I went with. I haven't had a chance to use it because I'm still waiting on the charge adapters. The price seems reasonable and you can get up to 12A per channel. I have 6 batteries so the ability to charge faster was appealing to me.

Just remember with the H battery you will only get about 7 amps out of it.
So it will charge a little bit faster than the stock charger.

Thanks for reminding me. Any kind of improvement is welcome. I also like having everything in one unit and good build quality. Hopefully there will be more battery options later.

Is that for two or just one charging?

7 is more than enough for me, I don't plan on charging with more than 6 to preserve the battery life. This is not about speed of the charge, more the ability to charge more than one at a time.

And as I said the ability to have the charger be able to set them to storage level automatically for me.

So the UP120 is top of my list again. I also found it listed on Amazon for $120

7 is more than enough for me, I don't plan on charging with more than 6 to preserve the battery life. This is not about speed of the charge, more the ability to charge more than one at a time.

And as I said the ability to have the charger be able to set them to storage level automatically for me.

So the UP120 is top of my list again. I also found it listed on Amazon for $120

Yes that charger should be fine for you.

With the proper setup one charger with enough watts can charge as many batteries at the same
time that you want.

I have a 3 battery housing for my DGI and the stock charger charges all three at same time.
Of course the problem is the stock charger cannot handle it and gets to hot.

As soon as some H battery connectors become available I will make a harness
to charge maybe four at a time since I have a big enough charger to handle it.

With my 300 amp charger I can put about 5 amps each into 4 batteries at same time.

Does anyone know how many amps the standard H charger uses to charge?

I ordered the UP120AC. Should do me fine. No software or PC control but I am unsure I need that anyway.

That's what I was thinking
Yes that charger should be fine for you.

With the proper setup one charger with enough watts can charge as many batteries at the same
time that you want.

I have a 3 battery housing for my DGI and the stock charger charges all three at same time.
Of course the problem is the stock charger cannot handle it and gets to hot.

As soon as some H battery connectors become available I will make a harness
to charge maybe four at a time since I have a big enough charger to handle it.

With my 300 amp charger I can put about 5 amps each into 4 batteries at same time.

That's what I was thinking. So I ordered 4 connectors from Ralphy which are in route. So hopefully this will work.

That's what I was thinking. So I ordered 4 connectors from Ralphy which are in route. So hopefully this will work.

???? Which ones?

???? Which ones?

From Quadcam on this forum. He sold all of his stock in a little over 3 hours...crazy. Too bad yuneec didn't have enough foresight to see this, but it opens up opportunities for others which is great.

thx JB1, but my name is Andy not Ralphy :)

Andy

I am still looking to get 2 connectors. Can't find any in stock yet.
I am on Andy's email list already. i:)i

My charger and batteries will be coming soon. Just need to get everything working together. i:)i

If everything goes well with the DHL delivery, I receive the components begining next week.

Andy

Does anyone know how many amps the standard H charger uses to charge?

I ordered the UP120AC. Should do me fine. No software or PC control but I am unsure I need that anyway.

The stock charger is about 4 amps, that's why it is so slow.

A depleted H battery can take 6500 mah so the rated 5000 mah is under rated.
Charging at 6.5 amps is still only a C1 charge and will take a little over an hour to fully charge.
I have C2 (12 amp) charged in 30 minutes many times also.

These have been my findings.

The stock charger is about 4 amps, that's why it is so slow.

A depleted H battery can take 6500 mah so the rated 5000 mah is under rated.
Charging at 6.5 amps is still only a C1 charge and will take a little over an hour to fully charge.
I have C2 (12 amp) charged in 30 minutes many times also.

These have been my findings.

I honestly am unsure I want to charge that fast. I don't think it is good for overall long term battery life from what I read.

I can deal with a 6 or 6.5 amp charge. An hour is about the same as a DJI phantom charge. Give or take 10 minutes I guess.

That is awesome, I am looking forward to have the ability to charge a bit faster, though that is not a huge deal. Being able to discharge/charge them to storage level in between flights.

Can't wait until Andy gets his parts, hope I am not too far down the list. i:)i

I always charge my batteries with 6.6ah. And after flight I put it into storage mode.

You will receive an E-Mail at the same time as all the others do. I can just say be fast, there is a huge interest in the 2nd batch.

Andy

I always charge my batteries with 6.6ah. And after flight I put it into storage mode.

You will receive an E-Mail at the same time as all the others do. I can just say be fast, there is a huge interest in the 2nd batch.

Andy

Just reserve me two now. i:)i

Amazon.com: UP120AC Duo Dual 2 Port (2x 12Amps, 2x 120Watts, 240Watts Total): LiPo, LiHV, LiIon, LiFe, NiCd, NiMh, Pb AC/DC Balancing Battery Multi-Chemistry Multicharger with 300Watt Power Supply: Toys & Games

Following this thread it's looking like the above is the one to go with because of the: faster charge, AC/DC and discharge features. Now where do I go to learn how to charge LiPo batteries properly? Or will this come with instructions? And will it come with everything I need for 2 batteries?

Just checked the link, and guess what, the Australia problem surfaces again... Amazon won't deliver here!
Why!?

Hi Chris (and all other Aussies on the forum) .... A quick google search found this supplier who does ship the charger that everyone seems to agree is the one to go for to Oz:

Dual 2 Port 12Amp 240W ACDC Balancing Battery Charger LiPo LiHV NiMh UP120AC DUO

I'm looking at a different charger from Carolina Dronz (Venom Pro Duo) but if it doesn't happen then I will go for this one instead.

Cheers :cool:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval