Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is the best charger for the money?

Oh I know it wasn't
I have 2 more years before I can retire, then I might actually have time to fly and play on the radios.
Heh, we're abut the same age then. I want to sell my vineyards and business and retire as well (sick and tired of the grind) but the wife won't let me. Says she just won't "stand for it" me hanging around playing with my RC gear all day. LOL!:D

Reactions: BobW55
The batteries aren't 5400mAh despite what's printed on the case. I think the CW around here is that they are at least 6000mAh (maybe even a little more?).

6300 or 6400 mA. Not sure which but they are indeed mislabeled.

There is no way you can truly monitor each cell for balance when they're hooked up in parallel when using a parallel balance board.
Well ok, I'll give you that. However, I've never seen my batteries unbalanced after charging in parallel mode using my iCharger. I do recall the charger complaining once about the inability to balance one of the four I had hooked up at the time, but it just a simple matter of plugging each battery into the charger two at a time (not using the parallel adapter board, but using the two charging ports of my 406 Duo) and setting it to balance mode. Offending battery identified immediately and the balanced. No problem IMHO.;)

Been busy and have not really been using the H at all. I am way behind on these forums as well.

Finally got my connectors so my question for you guys with a UP120AC is what settings do you use for them? What settings to charge, to discharge and for storage?

I can't recall where but someone performed some tests establishing capacity. In any event, charging at 7 amps if it was a 5.3Ah battery would be even more foolish.

FYI, Yuneec has understated the capacity of their batteries before. The Chroma battery is a prime example. You can put more of a lower capacity into a single air cargo shipment. Another manufacturer went so far as to put a secondary wrapper noting lower capacity over the correctly annotated original label.

Most of the newer "smart" chargers are of the pulse charge variety, which are great for desulfation, but they have a "sense" circuit which must see 1.5 to 2.0vdc before they will turn on and start charging. If you run into a completely dead battery, sometimes there is a way to get a smart charger to work. If you have a second (charged) battery nearby, try connecting it to the dead battery in parallel and let them remain connected for a few minutes. The two batteries will begin to equalize and the dead one will accept some charge from the other battery. Once the discharged battery has enough charge voltage, you can start the smart charger and finish the charge.

A faster way is to connect the dead battery to the smart charger, then connect jumpers in parallel to the good battery, immediately turn on the smart charger and remove the jumpers. Once the smart charger can see at least the required voltage, it will remain on and charge the discharged battery.
I have a National Luna Intelligent Solenoid installed https://wheelstips.com/best-car-battery-charger , which is just a fancy name for a dual battery setup. It does provide me with real-time readout of the voltage of each my batteries (main and auxialliary)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval