Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What is up with battery form factor?

Reaction score
My controller battery (the one on the right) won't take a charge anymore so I ordered a new battery and got what you see on the left. Please note the serial numbers on both batteries. They are the SAME! Presently I am trying to connect with Yuneec and am awaiting their reply.
Yuneec battery.jpg

The battery on the left is for the ST-16 controller used with the Typhoon H/H Pro/H920 and the Yuneec part number is YUNST16100.

The battery on the right is for the ST-16S controller for the Typhoon H Plus/H520 and the Yuneec part number is YUNST16S100.

Yuneec CS in the US is closed and contacting them may prove very difficult for now. I would suggest you contact the seller to get the proper battery for your system.

As mentioned, try to contact the seller for a return. In the meantime, I also had a ST-16S battery that got to where it didn't like to take a charge so I made up a simple charge lead that allows me to charge with an aftermarket charger. I can now charge my batteries at a much faster rate and everything is working fine. You're problem is likely to be the USB cable.

Charge.jpg

The battery on the left is for the ST-16 controller used with the Typhoon H/H Pro/H920 and the Yuneec part number is YUNST16100.

The battery on the right is for the ST-16S controller for the Typhoon H Plus/H520 and the Yuneec part number is YUNST16S100.

Yuneec CS in the US is closed and contacting them may prove very difficult for now. I would suggest you contact the seller to get the proper battery for your system.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I am in the process of contacting them now. It would seem that if the part numbers are the same then they should be the same. What else do I have to go on when I order?

Hmm... HiTEC charger. I have to look into that as well. So you are thinking the battery is okay if it is the USB cable? If this is true then I really have to look at alternative charging options. I will look into the cable as well. Is this the Lipo Battery Charter Hitec X4 AC Pro AC/DC 4-port Multi charter?

Last edited:
The part numbers are different for the battery packs, but the internal battery assembly is the same (the YP-3A) the seller should know the difference. Many miss the distinction between the ST-16 and the ST-16S.

Has anyone tried replacing the micro usb port on the ST16s100? Mine is starting to get a bit finicky and on longer flight days I plug it into a charging brick to keep it topped off.

Has anyone tried replacing the micro usb port on the ST16s100? Mine is starting to get a bit finicky and on longer flight days I plug it into a charging brick to keep it topped off.
The micro USB port on the ST-16S is mounted on the main board and may be a surface mount device. If that is the case it would require a reflow workstation to do a remove and replace.

You might consider getting an adapter to place there so you are not constantly plugging directly into the port. The design is space saving, but ruggedness for field use is sketchy at best.

Out of curiosity does anyone know if there is anyplace in the U.S. that has batteries for the ST16S (H520) available? I'm in Alaska, and my controller battery is not charging now. I'm up against snow coming within days, and need a battery or two fast...
And maybe a fast charger for the batteries as well. I've looked online and can't find any that will get here anytime soon.

Out of curiosity does anyone know if there is anyplace in the U.S. that has batteries for the ST16S (H520) available? I'm in Alaska, and my controller battery is not charging now. I'm up against snow coming within days, and need a battery or two fast...
And maybe a fast charger for the batteries as well. I've looked online and can't find any that will get here anytime soon.
Try Yuneec Skins, they sell parts for Yuneec Drones. YUNEEC SKINS
Make sure that's the correct battery and they only have 1 in stock. I've also used an external battery to extend life plugged into the micro USB port but I'd only use that in emergency, otherwise you'll have to eventually replace the micro USB port.

Last edited:
Reactions: gryphon966
Yeah, I already emailed John. I just bough the last one he had in stock.
Shout out to Yuneec skins. John did a really nice rebuild on my H520 this summer. Had a pretty catastrophic drop from 400 feet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval