Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Whats the latest FPV Goggles for the Typhoon H.

Reaction score
Been looking at these for awhile. Price has really come down and now I am seriously looking at picking up a pair.

What do you use for the Typhoon H and do you recommend it?

Best: skyview
If you want to do FPV: Dominator v3
What I use: Dominator HD3

I have looked at Skyview but price really has not really dropped all that much. Thanks for the info on the other ones!

I have looked at Skyview but price really has not really dropped all that much. Thanks for the info on the other ones!

Just so you know, the HD3 is a higher resolution but when in HDMI mode it's 16:9 making it the same as the Dom v3

What do you use for the Typhoon H and do you recommend it?
I have the Skyview and they are okay, but most people can't see the bottom part of the screen. It's just the way they are set up.
Then I got a pair of these and so far I like them much better. The Skyview has a 5" screen and the TOVSTO has a 7". They are bulky but very light. They have an outstanding menu to adjust the screen appearance, have an HDMI input and can also be used with FPV cameras.
TOVSTO VIVID Video FPV Display 5.8GHz Receiver Goggles

I have the Skyview and they are okay, but most people can't see the bottom part of the screen. It's just the way they are set up.
Then I got a pair of these and so far I like them much better. The Skyview has a 5" screen and the TOVSTO has a 7". They are bulky but very light. They have an outstanding menu to adjust the screen appearance, have an HDMI input and can also be used with FPV cameras.
TOVSTO VIVID Video FPV Display 5.8GHz Receiver Goggles

Hey Steve. Do the TOVSTO have a focal adjustment or can you just wear glasses with them, also do they have a full size HDMI plug or a mini?
Thanks Tom

Any thoughts on Headplay
I haven't tried them but they are similar. The Headplay includes a DVR and can use a standard Lipo. Those are nice features.
can you just wear glasses with them, also do they have a full size HDMI plug or a mini?
No focal adjustment. I used my reading glasses but had to cut the soft foam on the sides to fit them. Uses an ultra thin mini HDMI cable.

Reactions: Dronbass
If you only want to use them for the TH or any drone with an HDMI out and do not want to spend 500 bucks, The Headplay SE, which now includes the RHO Pro lens, is hard to beat. You do have to install the RHO lens yourself, which takes minutes and no skill (I did it).

Before the RHO lens, I needed my reading glasses, which do not fit inside well. After the RHO, I see fine without glasses. I have no idea how that works. You will need to buy a battery, and make sure you have a charger for it.

I got mine here, but you can find them at a number of suppliers. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E0XOR5G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just one more thing: please do not use goggles without an observer.

All of these are immersion FPV goggles. Does anyone have recommendations for non-immersion style goggles, other than Epson's Moverio series. Considering that most places require, by law, "line of sight", this is, technically, the "legally-required" way to go. Even when not taking the law into consideration, this is a more intelligent route, as you can not only see what the camera is seeing, but, in terms of your drone's safety, you are also able to keep an eye on it, so as to help keep it out of harms way. A perfect example might be if you were filming with the camera pointed in one direction, with the drone moving in the opposite direction. Obviously, if one is wearing immersive FPV goggles, then you'd have no clue what was in the drone's path. With racing drones, immersion-style goggles are perfect...but when using a drone for videos and/or photos, non-immersion goggles would be the better, smarter, and more realistic choice.

Having mentioned the Epson Moverio BT-300FPV, if these turn out to be the only option (although, I'm somewhat certain there must be other options...I just don't know what they might be), does anyone here have any experience with the Epson Moverio BT-300FPV? If so, what were your impressions? If this is the only option, I don't mind spending the money, as I know the original Epson Moverio BT-100 worked well with the DJI Phantom 2 (a friend had this setup), but I'd really like to be certain there's no other options before spending $800 on the Moverio BT-300FPV.

Dont think the epsons work with the Typhoon. Some info here; Fpv goggles

...because they don't have HDMI input, obviously. It was worth asking...thank you. I'm guessing there are no other non-immersion style goggles available, which is quite sad. Considering the "line of sight" laws in most states/countries, one would think that the FPV companies, such as FatShark, would have long-since been developing options along these lines. Thanks again.

Did you take a look at the ones I just posted above?

The Avegant Glyph isn't a true non-immersion goggle...it's closer to immersion. Yes, you can see slightly above, and slightly below, but you don't have true/full "line of sight". This fact has been previously pointed out by numerous people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulrs