Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What's up

You will find the H flies differently from your other bird. It may take some time to get used to the differences. Be sure to spend some time in the H "How to" pages. Here is an updated manual. It is a work in progress by members of this group.

Sweet thanks a million,
Nice work !
I'm a noob obviously and just have maybe 12 packs through my phantom 2v+
I have all my registrations in place AMA membership and am teaching my 12 year old daughter to fly and film as I also learn.
Can't wait to get this typhoon definitely not wanting any crash landings or flyaways with this beauty.

Last edited:
Sweet thanks a million,
Nice work !
I'm a noob obviously and just have maybe 12 packs through my phantom 2v+
I have all my registrations in place AMA membership and am teaching my 12 year old daughter to fly and film as I also learn.
Can't wait to get this typhoon definitely not wanting any crash landings or flyaways with this beauty.
Crashes ruin your day. I always suggest removing the camera as you learn how the H handles. The H is fairly easy to repair but the camera is not. And it's very expensive so best not to put it at risk until you get the feel of the bird.
Landings can be tricky because of the ground effect from the prop wash. Land on a level surface, preferably grass. Hold the left stick all the way down and be ready to hold in the red button when it touches down. It takes a full 3 sec for the props to stop when pressing Big Red. Never release the left stick.

Reactions: biltno
Crashes ruin your day.
Ugh, does sound more complicated to shut down than the PV2.
Thanks for the advice on the camera, I'm 8/12 on good landings with the PV2
Sounds like I'll need to get better for the real deal.

The six props create a lot more pressure against the ground. Practicing landings is good. If I get into a tight situation where wind currents are causing difficulty, I hover about 8-10" above the ground, then press and hold Big Red. It will make a perfect landing and shut down the motors on touchdown. When I do test flights on a new or repaired H, I always go to a wide open area. I'm always ready to go max throttle if something is going wrong during the landing.

This preflight is a good general guide to prevent problems:

Attachments

• Preflight list.txt
    568 bytes · Views: 13
Reactions: Chaos@ir
The six props create a lot more pressure against the ground. Practicing landings is good. If I get into a tight situation where wind currents are causing difficulty, I hover about 8-10" above the ground, then press and hold Big Red. It will make a perfect landing and shut down the motors on touchdown. When I do test flights on a new or repaired H, I always go to a wide open area. I'm always ready to go max throttle if something is going wrong during the landing.

Never had an issue with my p3A , I guess the H doesn’t have a landing button? When you do the suggestion you mentioned do you have throttle stick released?

Press and hold, @Steve Carr?

Are you sure it isn’t your “pulsing of the red button” trick do get the H to drop a foot with each press? Holding the button shuts off the motors, right?

Might want to revise your post unless something has drastically changed with the action of the motor arm/disarm button!

Jeff

I actually find it a little harder to ground land my P2V+ than my TH. So much so that I began exclusively hand catching the P2V+ pretty early on since it would tip over in anything more than a light breeze. I used to almost exclusively ground land my TH up until fairly recently. Nowadays I almost always hand catch both of them.

Reactions: Chaos@ir
Are those genuine props? Personally I wouldn't use 3rd party, but your not me.

Are you sure it isn’t your “pulsing of the red button” trick do get the H to drop a foot with each press? Holding the button shuts off the motors, right?
I mentioned the altitude when holding in the button: "I hover about 8-10" above the ground, then press and hold Big Red."

I guess the H doesn’t have a landing button? When you do the suggestion you mentioned do you have throttle stick released?
Yes, the throttle stick is centered.
If you select "Home" it will land but not at the takeoff location. The controller is always Home. So the H will fly back to the controllers location and land 10-20' away from the ST16. Be prepared to change to Angle mode if the descent is not where you want to land. This dynamic Home point is convenient when you are walking or moving when flying the H.
Make certain you understand how the H reacts in Home mode.

I mentioned the altitude when holding in the button: "I hover about 8-10" above the ground, then press and hold Big Red."

If you select "Home" it will land but not at the takeoff location. The controller is always Home. So the H will fly back to the controllers location and land 10-20' away from the ST16. Be prepared to change to Angle mode if the descent is not where you want to land. This dynamic Home point is convenient when you are walking or moving when flying the H.
I

I tried your suggestion this morning ( 10 inches above ground and pressed red button ) worked great . Nice gentle landing just like my old P3A
I’ll use that method here on out.Thanks !

Sorry, @Steve Carr.

I read 8-10 feet, not inches.

Guess my reading glasses need a tweak!

Jeff

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
I typically just bring it to a hover about 3' off the ground, nose to the wind and down stick till it lands, I also use the barrel the the stick screws to in the gimbal to bring it down to avoid giving it any yaw, lands solidly as a rule unless I didn;t watch my battery and it's on the low side at which point it can glitch a bit.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval