Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Which antenna direction?

For me, mushroom facing forward and upwards at about 30 degrees. Tx antenna horizontal and pointing to the left covering the start/stop button but pointing just slightly outward at about 10 to 20 degrees from the parallel to the ST16. So far with the stock antennas (EU version) I've flown over 1200 ft with absolutely no loss of signal...I recon it'll go a lot further but at just over 1200 ft it is the limit for my 'line of sight' given my old eyes and I won't fly beyond line of sight.

That is not correct for the stock 2.4 antenna. ( The one on the left)
It should be vertical. The corresponding antenna on the H is in vertical polarization.
While the ST-16 antenna will work horizontal, you could degrade your signal output by as much as 50%.
Do a Google on antenna polarization if you do not believe me.

That is not correct for the stock 2.4 antenna. ( The one on the left)
It should be vertical. The corresponding antenna on the H is in vertical polarization.
While the ST-16 antenna will work horizontal, you could degrade your signal output by as much as 50%.
Do a Google on antenna polarization if you do not believe me.
If that's the case then all the better. I was getting good connection as far as my limit on line of sight with the antenna in the horizontal-sideways position. from what you are saying, then, switching it to the vertical will improve it even more.
What you say makes sense now that you mention it: If the antenna on the H is vertical, then the one on the ST16 should be orientated in a corresponding fashion. God I'm stupid!

You learn something new every day. Thanks for that.

Unfolding stock 2.4 (left antenna) until it clicks in first position which means when holding transmitter normally for flying its vertical, and the video mushroom right antenna in the same angle as left antenna, now I have flown totally everything stock including the original EU firmware across open field farmland at 200ft altitude and a distance of 5384ft, and still a strong video connection the only time I briefly lost video for a spit second was when I turned around to come back on its way back after approx 100-200 ft travel distance, it regained contact immediately and I raised the altitude to 300 ft just to be on the safe side, since I carried this distance test my H has been back to Yuneec CS for some other issues, and because they also updated the firmware whilst they had it I've no idea if I would still get the same excellent results, as this distance is not within los I wont being trying again it was more a case of assurance and test of the video signal.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech