Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Which filters do I need?

I ordered a H Plus and it is due to arrive tomorrow. At first I will get use to the aircraft and then I will start using it initially for Real Estate and some events.

What filters would you recommend are good to have for those and other common use situations.

Also aside from getting more batteries is there any other items/accessories that are good to have?

Thanks for any advice and help.

I found the Freewell filters you need for your H Plus C23 camera. there the same as for the H520 E90.
Regards.
Mike

This is the battery charger to get.
SkyRC Q200 QUATTRO AC/DC 2X100W 2X50W Lipo Battery Balance Charger Discharger

It can charge four batteries so you shouldn't need any other chargers. I would also recommend these temperature sensing units for piece of mind. You would need four of them if you go with the charger I proposed. Charging LIPO batteries is a serious thing as they can explode and cause a fires. You will also need a metal fire safe box or cabinet to charge and store your batteries in and some lipo safe pouches for proper transport.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Mike
That is a great charger, but without the cables it won't work with the H Plus batteries. As a result the DY5 is still the best all around choice.

You can get the cables from Copter Eu, but I don't think they post to USA, so like others say DY5 is the best choice, one hint is if you get a strange reading from a battery, like a cell missing voltage, take the battery out and reseat it, they can be a bit temperamental, it's not faulty.

This is the battery charger to get.
SkyRC Q200 QUATTRO AC/DC 2X100W 2X50W Lipo Battery Balance Charger Discharger

It can charge four batteries so you shouldn't need any other chargers. I would also recommend these temperature sensing units for piece of mind. You would need four of them if you go with the charger I proposed. Charging LIPO batteries is a serious thing as they can explode and cause a fires. You will also need a metal fire safe box or cabinet to charge and store your batteries in and some lipo safe pouches for proper transport.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Mike
Thanks a lot, I was looking at this and it looks nice but I'll go with the DY5 since the cables are hard to find. I ordered a few of the battery bags, is it safe for me to charge up the battery and controller when the drone arrives today if I don't have those bags yet? I wasn't sure with the battery being new if it's ok to charge fully without the bag for the first few times.

Thanks

Thanks a lot, I was looking at this and it looks nice but I'll go with the DY5 since the cables are hard to find. I ordered a few of the battery bags, is it safe for me to charge up the battery and controller when the drone arrives today if I don't have those bags yet? I wasn't sure with the battery being new if it's ok to charge fully without the bag for the first few times.

Thanks
Hi and I know that in the US it seems that parts and accessories are sometimes hard to obtain, but here in the EU most items are readily available. Here is a link to Copter eu for the item you would need to charge your lipo batteries for the H plus and the 520.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Mike

Hi and I know that in the US it seems that parts and accessories are sometimes hard to obtain, but here in the EU most items are readily available. Here is a link to Copter eu for the item you would need to charge your lipo batteries for the H plus and the 520.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Mike
So if I get that adapter, that's all I need aside from the Q200? Do you recommend this over the DY5?

Thanks again Mike.

So if I get that adapter, that's all I need aside from the Q200? Do you recommend this over the DY5?

Thanks again Mike.
Yes most definitely. Now don't get me wrong the DY5 is good but it couldn't compare to the Q200 as the Q 200 will charge / balance and storage charge FOUR batteries at a time. Also you can run it of a car/truck 12v battery.
But don't take my word on it start a thread and ask others.
Cheers.
Mike

Yes most definitely. Now don't get me wrong the DY5 is good but it couldn't compare to the Q200 as the Q 200 will charge / balance and storage charge FOUR batteries at a time. Also you can run it of a car/truck 12v battery.
But don't take my word on it start a thread and ask others.
Cheers.
Mike
Yes, it definitely seems like the better of the two. I'll have to order several of those adapters when I order the machine.

My drone is arriving today, I know the first thing is to charge up the controller and battery. I was going to order these if they are ok.

DerBlue 2pcs Fireproof Explosionproof Lipo Battery Safe Bag Lipo Battery Guard Safe Bag(185x75x60mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GCHBQJS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_iK3CEb30HF25A

Since it's a new battery, is it ok to charge it up without having a bag yet?

Thanks

Yes, it definitely seems like the better of the two. I'll have to order several of those adapters when I order the machine.

My drone is arriving today, I know the first thing is to charge up the controller and battery. I was going to order these if they are ok.

DerBlue 2pcs Fireproof Explosionproof Lipo Battery Safe Bag Lipo Battery Guard Safe Bag(185x75x60mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GCHBQJS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_iK3CEb30HF25A

Since it's a new battery, is it ok to charge it up without having a bag yet?

Thanks

Hi Chad. Good to hear that your H is arriving today. Regarding the storage bags I think you should get the large one as well as the other smaller ones. The large bag you could use while charging. What some people do is place the batteries in the large bag while charging and put them onto an old style barbecue until you can get a proper fireproof box. What some other people use are the ex military metal ammo boxes ;)
For the time being you could charge the batteries on the concrete floor in your garage for safety sake.
here is the link to the large lipo charging bag.
https://www.amazon.com/COLCASE-Fire...ZJ32JHRR48X&psc=1&refRID=KPD0JQK6EZJ32JHRR48X
Regards.
Mike

Hi Chad. Good to hear that your H is arriving today. Regarding the storage bags I think you should get the large one as well as the other smaller ones. The large bag you could use while charging. What some people do is place the batteries in the large bag while charging and put them onto an old style barbecue until you can get a proper fireproof box. What some other people use are the ex military metal ammo boxes ;)
For the time being you could charge the batteries on the concrete floor in your garage for safety sake.
here is the link to the large lipo charging bag.
Amazon.com: COLCASE Fireproof Explosionproof Lipo Safe Bag for Lipo Battery Storage and Charging , Large Space Highly Sturdy Double Zipper Lipo Battery Guard (198x150x135mm): Toys & Games
Regards.
Mike
Are the ammo boxes better than these large storage bags? Also I watched a video and it said to also have a small ABC fire extinguisher, making sure it is for electrical.

Are the ammo boxes better than these large storage bags? Also I watched a video and it said to also have a small ABC fire extinguisher, making sure it is for electrical.
Yes the metal ammo boxes are much better as the lipo bags will puffout and the flames do getoutside. I have seen testing of these bags and I was so surprised as to how violent and quick it can happen. Google lipo bag safety testing
I hope I amend frightening you to much but it's better to start right and remain safe.
Mike

Last edited:
So I got my Plus in and have finished charging the battery and controller. My one question is when I try inserting the SD Card that came with it or the one I had into the ST16S on the top right under SD it still reads N/A. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

So I got my Plus in and have finished charging the battery and controller. My one question is when I try inserting the SD Card that came with it or the one I had into the ST16S on the top right under SD it still reads N/A. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Yes, see the reply in our Conversation.

Thanks

Happy days. Firstly I hope you aren't using the mini sd card that came with your H . The manual and other items are on the Sd card. If you are using another Sd card inserted it into the SD slot on the bottom of the camera underneath the rubber cover. Format the card in the camera it should work now.
PS. Make sure to use a high speed card as the video and photo files are large and you need to clear the buffer as fast as possible.
Mike

I did get it finally. I have gone through all the settings and set them up. My first flight will be tomorrow, I did start up the rotors and they worked fine.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I did get it finally. I have gone through all the settings and set them up. My first flight will be tomorrow, I did start up the rotors and they worked fine.
Ok Chad now take it easy relax. Make sure that you haven't set the slider under your right hand index finger to HIGH SPEED. Place all the switches on the top of the controller in their center position. Take the H out to the center of a large fiely. Double check all your settings and enjoy your first flight with your new H plus.
Best regards.
Mike

Ok Chad now take it easy relax. Make sure that you haven't set the slider under your right hand index finger to HIGH SPEED. Place all the switches on the top of the controller in their center position. Take the H out to the center of a large fiely. Double check all your settings and enjoy your first flight with your new H plus.
Best regards.
Mike
Thanks Mike,

I did make sure on those switches first and I can't wait until tomorrow!

I found 1 antenna in the box called a 5.8G Patch Antenna but I already have the 2 long ones and the mushroom one, what is this one for? Is it switched out with the Mushroom for varies tasks?

Thanks Mike,

I found 1 antenna in the box called a 5.8G Patch Antenna but I already have the 2 long ones and the mushroom one, what is this one for? Is it switched out with the Mushroom for varies tasks?

No need to change it out as the mushroom antenna that is already on the tranny is more of an obdrictunally one the onter one must face the H all the time and it gives a little stronger signal in that way. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.
Enjoy yourself tomorrow and let us know as to how easy the H is to fly.
All the best Chad.
Mike

For your antennas place the mushroom so it would be like it is sprouting out of the ground. The whips should also be up and at about 45 degrees toward the outsides of the controller. This will give you the best signal connection between the ST-16S and the TH+. Never power up the controller without the antennas on it.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Thanks Mike,

Hi Chad80,
Make sure when you are practicing that you remove the camera and fly it like that until late you get confident and capable. Then put on the camera after you are confident, the camera is very EXPENSIVE TO FIX AND IS EASILY DAMAGED. ALSO make sure you read the MANUALS FROM THE H plus forum and supplied with the H PLUS, IT sounds as though you have not had any experience with these machines. They are terrific but are different to fly ,look at some YouTube videos to get some hints. One is TYPILOT from this forum and heaps of others, we don't want you having A BAD FIRST EXPERIENCE. Safe flying and enjoy, also don't use SMART MODE AS IT IS NOT VERY SMART.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin