Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Which filters do I need?

Hi Chad80,
Make sure when you are practicing that you remove the camera and fly it like that until late you get confident and capable. Then put on the camera after you are confident, the camera is very EXPENSIVE TO FIX AND IS EASILY DAMAGED. ALSO make sure you read the MANUALS FROM THE H plus forum and supplied with the H PLUS, IT sounds as though you have not had any experience with these machines. They are terrific but are different to fly ,look at some YouTube videos to get some hints. One is TYPILOT from this forum and heaps of others, we don't want you having A BAD FIRST EXPERIENCE. Safe flying and enjoy, also don't use SMART MODE AS IT IS NOT VERY SMART.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.
Thanks very much John. I am going to try it without the camera, I saw others made the same suggestion so it definitely seems smart to follow it.

I noticed the H can have different cameras, are there other cameras available for the H Plus?

Thanks very much John. I am going to try it without the camera, I saw others made the same suggestion so it definitely seems smart to follow it.

I noticed the H can have different cameras, are there other cameras available for the H Plus?
Only the C23. With the H3 released there will likely not be any changes in that regard.

I just came in from my first flight. I took the camera off and did a few take off and landings. Then I flew about 100ft away and 20ft up. Moved around for a few minutes then it started to sprinkle so that ended my fun. Brought it back inside and wiped it down and will try again tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: Mike Irish
I just came in from my first flight. I took the camera off and did a few take off and landings. Then I flew about 100ft away and 20ft up. Moved around for a few minutes then it started to sprinkle so that ended my fun. Brought it back inside and wiped it down and will try again tomorrow.

Hi Chad. Well the big unknown is over new for you. Good to hear that you have enjoyed your first flight without incident. The H is so easy to fly very predictable and steady in the air. Pity about the weather but tomorrow is another day.
In regards to the camera the C23 that comes with the Plus is a very capital camera so there is no need to even think of other cameras at this stage. The only other camera that Yuneec has that MIGHT be any better than the C23 that you have is the one that comes with the new H3 the ION L1. Now we don't know for sure that the ion.l1 will work on the H plus but it seems it is the same camera with just a different software package? Time will tell.
Well keep us informed of your progress and enjoy yourself. ?
Mike

I'm ordering a DY5, props, landing pad and a battery. Is there anything else I need?

What do you guys know about the 4Hawks Antenna? I want thinking for distance but just to have improve signal strength, is it worth it? Would it make a difference?

Thanks

I'm ordering a DY5, props, landing pad and a battery. Is there anything else I need?

What do you guys know about the 4Hawks Antenna? I want thinking for distance but just to have improve signal strength, is it worth it? Would it make a difference?

Thanks
Hi Chad. The 4Hawks unit I believe is about the best unit out there but you really don't need it at this stage. Use what you have and lear all the important things like smooth takeoff and landing. To have full control of the craft and not the craft have control over you. learn to enjoy it relaxed flying take lots of video photos and to process them. Remember baby steps as you are thinking to far ahead of yourself.
Mike

Your right Mike. Can I ask what programs you use for Post Processing videos and photos?

Your right Mike. Can I ask what programs you use for Post Processing videos and photos?

Hi Chad. I use Photoshop and Lightroom for my photos. I haven't processed any video as yet as I am a stills photographer. You can get Adobe PScc&LRcc for app $10 a month it has limited video editing capabilities. https://www.adobe.com/ie/creativecloud.html
They have a seven day free trial you should check out. Their is a free program called Openshot video editor you could also try I have it on my PC but haven't tried it yet. I am sure there is other programs free and paid that others members use here and can recommend.
Mike

The best advice I can give you at this stage:

1. Sit down with the aircraft and ST16 powered up, but no props. Read through the enhanced user manual, identifying each “thing” the manual is discussing on the aircraft and ST16. Understand what it’s explaining and how/why you’d use it. This Initial Orientation will be some of the best time you’ll spend with the biggest payoff.

2. Fly slowly and carefully. Learn to very precisely control the aircraft. Get to the point where you could walk through a forest, following the drone through the tree trunks. Save the full stick yank & bank for later when you’re 50’ over a soccer field, or up at 200’ flying laps around the park. (Making sure, of course, you’re allowed to fly there)

I use Lightroom/Photoshop and Final Cut Pro X.

I found the Freewell filters you need for your H Plus C23 camera. there the same as for the H520 E90.
Regards.
Mike

They are is Germany. I tried to order them and when it got time to process, I received a message they could not be shipped to my address here is the states.

Last edited:
Thanks MIke, Checked them also. Not to US. Lists four countries, and a Location finder, none of which include the US.

Sh## I will take another look so.

I suspect international shipments may find huge delays right now. This may be why some businesses like copter.eu are saying they cannot ship to the US. I know passenger flights are being restricted between several countries.

As much as we love our drones and hobby, it needs to take a back seat right now for the safety of ourselves, our loved ones, and our friends. Hopefully a period of isolation will help stop the spread of this virus and bring about more normal levels of social interaction. Everyone stay safe, stay calm, and support each other the best we can.

I got 3 different sets of filters and the best of them are these ones.

Rollei Premium Round Filter Set consisting of: 1x ND8, ND64 and ND1000 filters each made of Gorilla Glass with aluminium ring and protective cap.
I couldn't find the proper freewell at the time.

Thanks again, Mike. They are on Back Order until late July. As I have the adapter ring enroute, and already have the 40.5mm filters, I will wait to see how they work before trying to order these.

DoomMeister. Agree 100%. Just thought if there were some Freewells still available and I could get them shipped to the house I could still "Play" in my back yard until things get better.

I got 3 different sets of filters and the best of them are these ones.

Rollei Premium Round Filter Set consisting of: 1x ND8, ND64 and ND1000 filters each made of Gorilla Glass with aluminium ring and protective cap.
I couldn't find the proper freewell at the time.

Unfortunately the smallest they have is 49mm, and we need either 39mm or 40.5mm.

The filters aren’t necessary to start experimenting with exposure. You will really be surprised at what can be done without them, especially stills shot in DNG format. In fact you can set the H+ on a table and spend a lot more time working on exposure settings because you are not eating battery life by flying.

For flying you can extend your time in sir by not having the camera mounted and running.

Concentrating on one thing at a time can really pay off in the long run.

Copter Eu I believe have never posted to US. This has been a pain before in previous posts, when a really hard to get part is only available by them. It might be worth emailing Olaf if you can't get the bits you want, or something for the future, he might be able to sort something out?

• Love

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nashamukti52