Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Who knows the difference between CGO3+ and CGO3

Who knows the difference between CGO3+ and CGO3 ?
- technical differences
- compatibility with H and steady greap
I've put the GGO3+ on the steady grip from the Q500, it works but the dimensions of the camera are different than the CGO3 so it restricts the CGO3+ camera's movement

- technical differences

According to yuneec a rep it has a different lens, and a sony image sensor which supposedly gives a far more superior video image or still photo over the CGO3 camera.

So is it clear to say that you could NOT swap camera innards from one housing CG03 to another CG03+ and vise versa

- technical differences

I wish they would have had the steady grip with the CGO 3 +
oh well no big deal.

there is a steady grip for the cgo+.
Look for the one with silver bottom and rechargable LiPo battery pack. works great.

Thanks for the reply just out of curiosity where do I find this steady grip back on eBay or where ?
Thanks
Keith Kuhn

Thanks for the reply just out of curiosity where do I find this steady grip back on eBay or where ?
Thanks
Keith Kuhn

I bought my LiPo version of the grip for the CGO3+ from Vertigo Drones a few months back. The LiPo version is called a "Typhoon ActionCam", (operationally the same as the SteadyGrip, just a different model name) The LiPo model has the silver base. As of 3:50pm today, someone is selling a LiPo ActionCam on eBay for $89.99. Link is provided:

Yuneec USA CGO SteadyGrip (lipo Version) Yuncgost102 | eBay

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I bought my LiPo version of the grip for the CGO3+ from Vertigo Drones a few months back. The LiPo version is called a "Typhoon ActionCam", (operationally the same as the SteadyGrip, just a different model name) The LiPo model has the silver base. As of 3:50pm today, someone is selling a LiPo ActionCam on eBay for $89.99. Link is provided:

Thanks for the info
I really do not need one but it's nice to know. I actually have a nice drone you know but YuneecYTyphoon h.
Very pretty much get all the shots or video I need. I also purchased a while back as a zhyun I think that is how you spell it gimbal.
Which is really nice. I I'm going to take a look at the one you saw on eBay just to see what it looks like.
Thanks again.
Keith Kuhn

hello again
I tried looking up the Lipo or the Typhoon action cam.
I am having a little trouble finding the one that you told me about or anything that works with the CGO 3 +
I found some for three four and $500
but it only says CGO 3.
I went to vertigo drones website, and did a search.
but it did not sayCGO 3 +

hello again
I tried looking up the Lipo or the Typhoon action cam.
I am having a little trouble finding the one that you told me about or anything that works with the CGO 3 +
I found some for three four and $500
but it only says CGO 3.
I went to vertigo drones website, and did a search.
but it did not sayCGO 3 +

If you get the LiPo version with the silver base, it will work with the CGO3+, that is one of the models I use. I have five different CGO3+ cameras, and my LiPo model works with all of them. I don't think any of the product descriptions mention the CGO3+ specifically since they were originally for the CGO3, but of the three versions of the grip out there, two version will work with the CGO3+ (the 6-AA battery version will not work with the CGO3+).

Typhoon ActionCam (LiPo version, with silver base) - works with CGO3+
CGO SteadyGrip (8-AA version, with black base and 3-electrical contacts) - works with CGO3+
CGO SteadyGrip (6-AA version, with black base) - does NOT work with CGO3+

I know the first two work because I have both the LiPo and the 8-AA models. The 8-AA model is only used as a backup for the LiPo model since the 8-AA only has a running time of about 15-minutes before the batteries have to be changed.

The one I told you about is still showing up for sale on the eBay site. Just click the link I provided and it should take you right to the eBay page for you to check out. On the eBay page it says "CGO3 SteadyGrip", but it is actually the LiPo ActionCam and will work with the CGO3+.

Hope the information helps.

Last edited:
why would you want to spin the camera to look at yourself? my 3+ works great on the mount from the 500, unless you want superselfe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval