Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Why all the Typhoon H's for sale in the Classifieds?

Reaction score
Still waiting on my TH to arrive, but was looking around the Classifieds, just because that's what I do on whatever forum I'm on. Should quit doing that, it frequently costs me money I should be spending elsewhere :rolleyes:. So is it like the gun forums where there's a million Glocks for sale because there's a billion Glocks out there, is it upgrading/moving to a different platform, or is there a problem with the TH that crops up after it's been flown for awhile? Not concerned, just curious, I have a long history of buying stuff that other folks say are problematic, but I almost never seem to have their problems. Of course, I also do my research before making a purchase, and I'm meticulous in setup and maintenance. It never ceases to amaze me, the number of folks that will buy something on impulse, take it out of the box, and expect it to be perfect forever, then blame the item when it doesn't work as expected.

Anyway, just wondering what theories ya'll might have as to the reason that most of the Classified ads are for Typhoon H's. Later.

Dave

Reactions: DoomMeister
Dave,

For the most part I think you are correct. The TH is a prosumer aircraft and is not a flop on the ground and hit the Start button toy. A few are being sold because the person is upgrading to the TH Plus, but some are that the person is bored with flying or (heaven forbid) crashed it.

If buying I would request the complete flight logs and samples of 4K video and dng stills to analyze. A new thing I learned with my CGO3+ is to look for anomalies in overexposed highlights. Mine had a defective sensor that displayed dark vertical lines in blownout highlights. It is being repaired under warranty.

Most are selling at somewhat inflated prices and are not including any data on the batteries as far as age, number of charge cycles, IR readings, etc. One way to check validity of a post is the length of time the person has been on the forum. If they are posting a sale and are new beware. If they have been a forum member for some time, review some of their posts to get an idea of how well they take care of their equipment and the type of flying they do.

You’ll find many people selling different brand aircraft in brand specific forums for a lot of reasons.

Some become bored, find out this stuff can be more “work” than they thought was going to be necessary, need money, want to have features not available with their system, became engaged in other activities, or just don’t like what they’re doing. There’s almost as many reasons as there are people selling them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval