Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wifi authentication problem C23

Reaction score
I'm trying to load the most current firmware to my Typhoon H Plus. The ST16S had no problem downloading, but when I try to bind the C23 so I can transfer the firmware the wifi link gets knocked off as soon as I tap the OK button. The ST16S has no problem finding the C23, I put the password 1234567890 in and tap OK, WIFI LINK LOST is what I get everytime. I've tried forgetting the other available wifi on the list and no change. The camera light is solid green with a short blink. And the beeps are 3 with a long pause in between. I've never flown this drone. I purchased it on the Facebook marketplace. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Do you have an sd card in the camera? If so, does it store pics and videos?

I'm trying to load the most current firmware to my Typhoon H Plus. The ST16S had no problem downloading, but when I try to bind the C23 so I can transfer the firmware the wifi link gets knocked off as soon as I tap the OK button. The ST16S has no problem finding the C23, I put the password 1234567890 in and tap OK, WIFI LINK LOST is what I get everytime. I've tried forgetting the other available wifi on the list and no change. The camera light is solid green with a short blink. And the beeps are 3 with a long pause in between. I've never flown this drone. I purchased it on the Facebook marketplace. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Was the camera working normally before attempting the update? The answer to that question is a big key to how we approach the issue. But in the meantime here are a couple of thoughts:

"The camera light is solid green with a short blink."
Solid green with a short blink is the normal indication that the camera is bound. You should have a large green check mark to the right of the camera ID on the binding screen if it is bound to the controller, and you should have a picture on the screen. If this is not what you have, it sounds like the camera has bound itself to something else. It should be capable of being bound to more than one device, but you may have to connect manually using WIFI section of the settings menu.

"And the beeps are 3 with a long pause in between."
There are not supposed to be any beeps I can think of.
1.) Are the beeps coming from the camera? The drone? The controller?
2.) Is the camera coming up straight/level and facing forward when powered on?

You mentioned going into settings to "forget" other networks. Have you tried connecting to the camera manually using the WIFI settings?
Have you tried starting the camera with no SD card in it?
What format did you use to format the SD card? FAT32 is probably the most reliable. ExFat also works. NTFS does NOT work.

Last edited:
The camera did have a picture on it. I've tried connecting the camera to wifi in the settings and it shows AUTHENTICATION PROBLEM. The camera does not go into position smoothly when powered up. It's very jerkey and ends up in a different position every time.there is no green check mark in the bind mode

Oh
The camera did have a picture on it. I've tried connecting the camera to wifi in the settings and it shows AUTHENTICATION PROBLEM. The camera does not go into position smoothly when powered up. It's very jerkey and ends up in a different position every time.there is no green check mark in the bind mode
. And the camera has no picture on it now

It sounds like this camera has problems in two areas that are related only by the common ribbon that carries their signals. It would be great if you can get some information (or a refund) from the previous owner. Otherwise, I would recommend sending the camera for evaluation/repair to John Mitchell (Yuneec C23/E90 Camera Repair Estimate Service).

In the somewhat forlorn hope it is actually an update problem, you could redo the update or return to the previous version by using SD cards. Refer to Attachment 30 (H Plus SD Card Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade) for directions.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval