Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WiFi problem - USB firmware flashing possibility?

Reaction score
Hi all, I got Breeze 4K as a Christmas gift. For first time, it connected well to my Galaxy S7, for second time, it needed password again, but hey, it was still OK. I finished calibration, made restart and... no way to find drone over wifi. I tried LG V30, Iphone SE, but no success, even so, I restarted drone a few times, put battery off for a few seconds, used reset button (till beep sound).
I don't remember which FW was in breeze. I'm in middle of Europe, but as a gift,I have no idea if it's true Europe version (and FW).
OK, maybe it could change wifi channels...maybe reaction on GPS possition (found after second and last connection)... who knows.

Maybe another FW could be solution (though I haven't seen Europe version...just A and F), but is there any possibility to flash firmware throught USB cable? (It's obvious, I can't use wi-fi...)

Thanks for answer.

I know this fact, and as I found it during my second (yet successful) try to connect, but untill then, no new Wifi SSID has been spoted (I live in a village, there are usually only 4 devices nearby...so Its not hard to find, there is no new wifi devices around me. ))

EDIT: I saw link. After start, red diode near camera is still on (till I turn drone off) and no green light.

But still thanks for answer

If the Status LED in the arm stays red and never goes to flashing green then follow the reset procedure in the troubleshooting thread. Make sure to keep the reset button depressed while you power on the Breeze and hold it in until you get the beep (about 15 to 20 seconds).

There is an uncompressed firmware that can be loaded via the USB cable.

Lastly, be sure to only format the Breeze memory via the Breeze Cam app. Formatting with a PC via the USB cable can brick the Breeze’s WiFi board.

Reactions: Kája
I left drone for hour without battery, and after I tried new series of reseting. I was really lucky at the end - green light. So I connected to my phone (and made screenshot of FW, even so It probably won't help), made calibration again, after that reset and... again neverending red light, restarting, reseting, no success. I guess, this should be defect unit.
I will try to return it into shop (i hope giver still has a bill) and rather not risk bricked dron yet.

Anyway, really thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191225-041248_Breeze Cam.jpg
    Screenshot_20191225-041248_Breeze Cam.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 11
This sounds like an overheating problem that is common with the Breeze. If it is on too long without flying it will fail to start the WiFi (could be a self preservation thing to keep from harming the electronics). Try connecting again after letting the Breeze cool for 30 minutes. Using a small fan to cool it while sitting can help.

My first Breeze was fine sitting, but would do what you are seeing after flying for one battery. It was replaced by Yuneec under warranty and the new overheats on the bench after 10 or 15 minutes, but I can fly all three of my batteries without overheating with the replacement.

You are on the latest firmware for the EU.
Firmware v0.1.47F
Camera v2.0.15 (F)
ESC v1.0.3
FC v1.1.2

Since you are using an Android phone, you will find putting it in Airplane mode, then enabling WiFi will help getting connected and staying connected to the Breeze. If you have the Breeze controller remember to enable Bluetooth also. The controller will also need a firmware update to function properly. See this thread for more info Breeze G3 Controller Update - Updated 07/17/2018.

Reactions: robbie2 and Kája

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mexstoragesystem