Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wifi problems

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently bought a Breeze, the first thing it did when I connected to it was to upgrade the firmware to the latest version. I'm on the latest firmware and the latest app version, located in the EU.

Ever since the first time I've been having major problems with the wifi-connection. It can easily take up to a 3-5 minutes for my iPhone 6 or iPad Air to find the wifi. If I'm lucky, and far away from normal residential houses (cannot fly in my backyard at all, it loses the connection after 30s) then I might me able to fly for a bit, with varying quality of video. However most of the time the drone will lose connection from the phone/tablet.

I've read trough some threads here, but haven't come across one that has problems this bad (however I'm sure there are others affected). Is there some known solution to fixing the problems? Or am I better off trying to sell it on and getting a DJI Spark?

You can try putting your phone in" airplane mode" then turn the wifi back on in phone menu if you have the controller you will need to turn on Bluetooth also in the phone menu.

You can try putting your phone in" airplane mode" then turn the wifi back on in phone menu if you have the controller you will need to turn on Bluetooth also in the phone menu.
I've tried this before but it didn't make any difference.

Reactions: Kybipix
I'm also in EU and 3 minutes for wifi connectivity is what it takes me on the latest firmware, both with iphone6 and Galaxy s8+

That's messed up. Was it like this on the previous firmware for you guys? I've only had mine on the current one.
Reading all posts I figured out that old firmwares have the problem of disconnection from the drone while flying. Me, with the last firmwares has this problem only once in a month.
So I think it's better to wait more tho get the connection instead have the fear that you lost the wifi connection when flying

Reading all posts I figured out that old firmwares have the problem of disconnection from the drone while flying. Me, with the last firmwares has this problem only once in a month.
So I think it's better to wait more tho get the connection instead have the fear that you lost the wifi connection when flying

I see what you're saying, and yes it would better to wait for a connection and then have it last, but I have both problems - both the long wait to connect and losing connection mid-flight :/

I'd love to know / understand a little more what the problems actually are caused by at the Wifi comms level, and also to understand what the Breeze is doing at power up to cause the 10-180 second delay before it establishes the Wifi AP.

I know that it is not due to signal attenuation or reflection - the Android app shows signal strength on the top bar alongside compass and IMU status and I can walk round my house with the breeze in the back garden and observer a lower signal strength and degraded video but it will stay connected. My disconnects typically happen with the quad between 2-5m in the air and less than 5m away from me.

I have a hunch the new firmware seems to be working better in the US where the Breeze can transmit at a higher output on some 5.8GHz bands that are not available to us in the EU. Residual issue for some on the newest firmware seems to be black screen in FPV mode which I have not experienced, but has been acknowledged by Yuneec CS.

Cold this be an LBT issue in the EU? I know for example that FrSky, a company that make great 2.4GHz RC receivers for planes, quads and helis, have to implement LBT in their EU firmware versions. LBT stands for listen before talk, where the device checks for any transmissions on a certain channel before transmitting as a safety precaution.

I'd like to think that the Breeze is trying to do something like this. If this were the case, then taking the Breeze to a remote location free of wifi hotspots would result in a fast power up as there would be no 5.8GHz contention for the Breeze to deal with. I've not been able to try this out yet near where I live.

Bluetooth comms with the controller doesn't seem to affect the Wifi dropout rate. After reading other posts I've always flown in flight mode to shut off the GSM radio.

With my low disconnect rate I am happy to fly line of site with nothing between the drone and the home point - fine for most of what I want to do with it. If I understood the nature of the problem I'd have more confidence to fly over objects.

I bougth the breeze end of June and have the same connection problems like many of you described above:
  • Wait 2-5 minutes till connection is established, with both, the iPad mini and the Huawei 9P
  • After 10 to 30 seconds follows the first connection lost. Sometimes it reconnect fast, sometimes need again to two minutes.
  • After this first connection lost I can fly some minutes and then lost again. I can't find a rule about time or other facts.
  • Sometimes breeze reconnect, sometimes it doesn't and it returns at home. Two times it landed where it is positioning in the moment of the lost but usually it returns at home where I departed.
  • Everybody think it will be a software problem and could be solved with a new update. May be, but i'm not shure if it's not a hardware problem from the wifi sender in the breeze! The only one you can answer for this issue is YUNEEC.
Overall i could't recommend to buy the Breeze my best friend. It's not a reliable drone and it makes me everytimes angry, when i want fly.

Reactions: kaybreeze
Just got my breeze 4k for Christmas, takes forever to connect to WiFi and 30 seconds to a minute after takeoff is loses WiFi connection. What is the deal?

Just got my breeze 4k for Christmas, takes forever to connect to WiFi and 30 seconds to a minute after takeoff is loses WiFi connection. What is the deal?
Try putting your phone in airplane mode and forgetting all Wi-Fi hot spots except the drones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval